We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Celebration dinner in Frederick

Which Frederick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wheaton, IL
reviews: 7
Celebration dinner in Frederick

We are hosting a dinner for h.s. graduate in May and we are not local--any suggestions for a party of 10, including a toddler?

7 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 9
1. Re: Celebration dinner in Frederick

Try Brewer's Alley, Dutch's Daughter, Firestones...they should all be able to accommodate 10 people.

Frederick, MD
reviews: 14
2. Re: Celebration dinner in Frederick

It may help if you tell us what type of budget you are working with and what type of dinner celebration you have in mind, for instance, casual or more elegant?

If it is within your budget and type, try using Thorpewood, in Thurmont. You can have the place for 8 hours if you want and they have on-site caterer. Thorpewood is a non-profit org. and the money they charge for the use of the property goes toward at risk youth. The website is www.thorpewood.org

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
3. Re: Celebration dinner in Frederick

You may not believe this but Frederick has a great many terrific restaurants of all types that could host this party. Everything from tapas to fine dining.

Start with fredericktourism.org. Request the travel packet. The brochure is one of the best I have seen and will introduce you to many of the excellent places. A favorite of mine is The Tasting Room. I call it a little bit of soho in Frederick. The other places mentioned work also.

Frederick has become a relatively frequent destination for my wife and I.

Recent fame has come to Volt. http://www.voltrestaurant.com/.

Wheaton, IL
4. Re: Celebration dinner in Frederick

Thank you for the responses. We have been to Frederick since I have family in the area, but don't know the restaurants well--I have heard of the Tasting Room and Dutch's Daughter but thought there might be a few others that I don't know of.

Maryland, USA
reviews: 118
5. Re: Celebration dinner in Frederick

We also really lke Volt and the Tasting Room, but they are foodie type places. What kind of food were you hoping for? What kind of budget?

Frederick, MD
reviews: 3
6. Re: Celebration dinner in Frederick

Isabela's - a tapas restaurant, SO many good things to eat. If you're not familiar with tapas, the deal is that it allows you to order small quantities of many things. That way, if you don't like something, you can eat more of something else. I find that works great with groups.

Cacique - a Spanish and Mexican restaurant. GREAT seafood, not expensive, they have a few different ways to take care of groups your size and they are VERY accommodating.

The Orchard - very fresh, very tasty, not expensive. Lots of vegetarian options.

Olive's - Brand new Italian. (where the Indian restaurant was...) I've had a few pretty good meals here. Pizzas were very good. I haven't had the chance to go very often yet, due to the "new-ness", but everything so far has been great.

Also check: Acaia, Black Hog, Qyinn's Attic.

Let us know - and enjoy Frederick!

New Market, Maryland
7. Re: Celebration dinner in Frederick

Volt and TR are great, but not for a graduation with a toddler.

Dutches Daughter is a good choice . It has good food, a large accomidating space , family oriented yet is still upscale.

Reply to: Celebration dinner in Frederick
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted