We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mesa Verde in March help

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita
reviews: 132
Mesa Verde in March help

We will be traveling March 14-22, 2008. We are planning on staying Sunday night through Tuesday night at the Grand Canyon. That leaves us with Wedn-Friday in Monument Valley, 4 Corners and Mesa Verde. I am not sure how to devide this last leg of our trip. Am seriously considering horseback riding in MV and possibly a stay in an indian dwelling (the name of these escapes me at the moment) as well as a night at Gouldings with a view. Stop by 4 corners for the perfunctionary photo op. I was thinking of planning 2 days, one night at Mesa Verde, but am now realizing much of the dwellings, lodging, visitor center, etc. will still be closed during this time.

What will there be to do at this time of year? The dwellings was the biggest draw, as well as the beautiful scenery of course.

Any thoughts on itenarary - Mesa in March?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
reviews: 38
1. Re: Mesa Verde in March help

Mesa Verde in mid March will be a bit chilly. Spruce Tree House and the museum, Far View Ruin and the Mesa Top Ruins Road will be open. Cliff Palace and Wetherill Mesa will be closed at that time. Still a great visit. You will need to stay in Cortez and there are also other ruins to see in the area. Visit the Anasazi Heritage Center in Dolores for more info.

The Indian Dwelling at Mon Valley may be a Hogan, as you are on the Navajo Reservation.

2. Re: Mesa Verde in March help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 10, 2009