We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend in Atlanta

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tn
Weekend in Atlanta

At the end of this month I'm planning a trip to Atlanta with my husband and 13 year old son. I was planning to stay in Buckhead at the JW. (I really want to shop Lenox and P. Plaza.) I'm not sure what to suggest for my guys-any suggestions?

On Sunday we are planning to take the MARTA to the 1:30 Braves game. I'd like to try the Va.. Highlands or Midtown for early dinner after the game- is that possible? What would you suggest for dinner traveling by the Marta after the game? We love to have cocktails and something that would also keep my son happy. Any input or advice would be appreciated.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 76
1. Re: Weekend in Atlanta

While you're shopping, the guys might enjoy ESPN Zone in Buckhead, which has arcade style games and tons of TVs for viewing sports.

For dinner after the game, you really can't get to the Highlands by MARTA, so you'll probably want to eat in midtown. I know I sound like a broken record because I always recommend Loca Luna, but it really does have something for everyone. Great sangria, a wide variety of tapas, sometimes live music, beautiful urban courtyard, low prices. I've gone with kids before and the menu is very approachable.

Some other restaurants in midtown I enjoy (all have websites so you can view the menus) are: The Globe, Toast, Ecco, Baraonda, & Einstein’s. If the weather is nice, it might be fun to eat at one of these restaurants near Piedmont Park and stroll through the park: Prince of Wales (English pub), Zocalo, Sweet Devil Moon (excellent tapas - better food that Loca Luna but LL has much better atmosphere and a bigger menu), NIckiemotos (sushi), Flying Biscuit.

Calhoun, Georgia
reviews: 32
2. Re: Weekend in Atlanta

Loca Luna has a Cuban band on Sunday nights. Who knows? You might even see me and my husband dancing salsa.

Tn
3. Re: Weekend in Atlanta

Thanks guys! Are these places easily accessible from the MARTA? Would we have to take another bus - or will they be within walking distance fromt the MARTA? Does Loca Luna have a website? Thanks again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
4. Re: Weekend in Atlanta

You can reach any of these places from a MARTA train and would not have to take a bus (other than the shuttle from the Braves game back to the Five Points Station ). The streets in midtown are numbered, with North Ave. being the equivalent of 1st St. The Midtown station is on 10th Street, and the Arts Center Station is on 15th Street. Just find the nearest cross-street to your restaurant and pick the closest MARTA station. If you walk from North Ave you'll get to walk past the gorgeous Fox Theater.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
5. Re: Weekend in Atlanta

The Loca Luna website:

http://www.loca-luna.com/

The midtown MARTA station is probably the closest. I recommend walking along Peachtree as much as possible, as it is busier and therefore safer than taking back streets.

Atlanta
reviews: 5
6. Re: Weekend in Atlanta

For dinner, you might want to give "The Spotted Dog" a try. Its a fairly new restaurant that is built inside an old Firehouse. It is located right next door to the North Avenue Marta station ie its on North Ave just East of the North Avenue Marta stop. And when I mean right next to it, I'm talking like 1000 feet. While some of those restauant suggestions given are good places to eat, you will have to walk multiple blocks to reach them.

7. Re: Weekend in Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 15, 2009