We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Indigo -- Sheraton Colony Square

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south
reviews: 21
Hotel Indigo -- Sheraton Colony Square

Despite the poor reviews, I'm thinking of changing my reservation from Indigo to Colony Square, because of the difference in price and Sheraton has a pool (traveling with kids-- pool is important). I know I stayed at Sheraton many moons ago (like mid-eighties), of course it was nice then. Is it in a convenient location? Is it really run down? I booked rooms at both, and will cancel one. What kind of shopping is at Colony Square? (Thanks for the help already about transportation from Amtrak.)

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 45
1. Re: Hotel Indigo -- Sheraton Colony Square

There's really not much shopping to be had at Colony Square itself. Mostly a food court frequented by the folks working in the area.

However, it's still located in a great area. You can always walk down to the Arts Center MARTA station and catch the free shuttle over to Atlantic Station, which has plenty of shopping choices. They have Ann Taylor Loft, American Eagle, Victoria's Secret, etc. Or hop on MARTA and go up to Lenox and Phipps.

You can also easily walk from your hotel to some good restaurants over on Crescent or on Juniper. Einstein's is a good choice, has a great Sunday brunch and nice outdoor seating.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
2. Re: Hotel Indigo -- Sheraton Colony Square

I lived next door to that Sheraton for 3 years and it's a great location. Peachy is right that the "mall" is really only a food court, and most places are only open during office hours. I will warn you that on the ground level of Colony Square is the restaurant Shout which draws a very young hip hop crowd and all of the traffic, cruising and loud music that goes along with that scene. I'm not sure if it's audible from the hotel rooms, but there is a rooftop lounge that must generate some noise. A friend who stayed in the Sheraton a couple of weeks ago reported to me that there were hustlers in the parking lot, but that the Sheraton's security guards advised him of this and informed him that they were trying to oust them. I have heard that the hotel is in decent condition, although it is scheduled to be converted to a W hotel in the next year or so.

south
reviews: 21
3. Re: Hotel Indigo -- Sheraton Colony Square

Yikes! I'm almost afraid to say that our traveling party is just mom and the kids..... Does "Shout" and the traffic get going in the early evening? I don't think we are planning any late nights out. The main draw of the Sheraton is the price and the pool, but not at the expense of safety.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
4. Re: Hotel Indigo -- Sheraton Colony Square

I don't think it's unsafe, just congested. The party at Shout seems to be a late night party, so if you're coming and going early evening you should not have a problem.

Cruising on Peachtreee has gotten to be a real problem over the years, starting as far south as Ponce and continuing to about 14th Street. It has only been worsened by recent sewer construction which has involved lane changes. I really hope the police get motivated to do something about this. The streets that run parallel to Peachtree, though, are smooth sailing.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 45
5. Re: Hotel Indigo -- Sheraton Colony Square

I agree with JAtlanta. Since you've got a youngster with you, you won't be out late enough for it to matter. Things don't really get that bad until past most kids' bedtimes. You should be fine. It is not like that during the day/early evening.

6. Re: Hotel Indigo -- Sheraton Colony Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 12, 2009