We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Customs

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
Atlanta Customs

we will be arriving in Atlanta from St.Lucia at 8:18 pm We would like to try an take the 9:45PM flight to MSP. Is 1 hour and 20 min enough time to get through customs?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 76
1. Re: Atlanta Customs

I would not feel comfortable with a layover that short. If things went perfectly, you would just make the connection, but any little delay could cause you to miss your flight. If you're on one ticket, you would get rebooked if you missed your flight, but why risk that bother, especially since flights are so full these days. I'd opt for a layover of 2 hours or more.

Birmingham, Alabama
reviews: 28
2. Re: Atlanta Customs

After a flight back from Europe several months ago, it took over an hour, all told, from deplaning to leaving the airport. In part, that's because the walk from our concourse to Customs was staggeringly long (a common complaint among international passengers). As J says, an 80-minute layover seems too close for comfort.

Edited: 2:45 pm, January 22, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 76
3. Re: Atlanta Customs

I did that walk a few weeks ago, and got a good laugh at the woman ahead of me (who wound up far behind me) making the walk in her stilettos. As a connecting passenger, though, you won't have to make this walk.

Atlanta
reviews: 47
4. Re: Atlanta Customs

No. It is too far between international and domestic concourses.

Asheville, North...
reviews: 88
5. Re: Atlanta Customs

I agree with the other posters it is cutting it too close... you just don't know how it will go.. other flights arriving and going through with yours... hold ups can occur at any point in the process

Suwanee, Georgia
reviews: 3
6. Re: Atlanta Customs

NO!! It would take a miracle.

Snellville, Georgia
7. Re: Atlanta Customs

Make it a later flight and catch a meal at the airport. There are several decent restaurants. Some shopping too!

8. Re: Atlanta Customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 02, 2014