We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Simons...
reviews: 78
Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

Hi. I'm taking my Love to Atlanta for a nice weekend, and I need some advice.

I've decided to stay in Midtown, and I've already purchased tickets for The Producers, playing at The Fox. We'll be there Friday through Sunday.

My questions are: What is a nice, romantic hotel to stay at in the area? What would be a good restaurant for Friday night? What restaurant is best for an early dinner before the show?

We'd like to be able to walk as much as possible, but we're willing to take a short cab ride.

Also, any suggestions for something to do during the day Saturday? (I've considered a couples' massage... perhaps at Lowe's Hotel, so would that be a good hotel to stay?)

We're in our 40s. We're pretty seasoned travellers, and I'd like to show her a nice, romantic time.

Thank you!

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 62
1. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

The Georgian Terrace hotel right across the street would be a choice. Don't get one of the smaller rooms. Hotel Indigo just down the street is good also, but the rooms are small.

Livingston's in the Georgian Terrace is not a bad restaurant and you can't beat the convenience. Baraonda a block away from the Fox at 4th St is also good Italian but can be a little frantic at times - it's quite popular.

For Saturday, come back over and take a tour of the Fox before you do anything else - they're offered at 10 and 11.

Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 56
2. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

The W is another choice, just a short bus ride down the street....There is a Bliss Spa there as well as a nice Steak restaurant.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
reviews: 51
3. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

In nights where there are fox events restaurants in area get crowded to have a pleasant meal at either placed get a res 2 1/2 hours before the show. I think the food is better at baraonda but livingston is ok and a little more formal

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

Mary Mac's is also another dinner option. Southern-style food choices and it's right around the corner from the FOX.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 72
5. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

I'm not blown away by any of the restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the Fox. They're fine, but not places I'd go if it weren't for the location. I prefer to eat at Ecco first, then either walk a few blocks, take a taxi or hotel shuttle (the W has a free car service within limits), or drive and park closer to the theater. For a special occasion, it's worth going somewhere better. In midtown, Lure and Empire State South are also excellent. You can't go wrong with any of those 3.

For hotels, Loew's is quite nice, but it's large and modern, not cozy and romantic. I guess it depends more on your style. For something more traditional there's the Four Seasons. The Renaissance, formerly a Palomar, is quite nice as well. The Artmore is quirky and boutique-y. Georgian Terrace is beautiful, though, and has so much history. I think that would be a great option.

For your Saturday night, I'd suggest the restaurants mentioned above which are fairly close to the Fox, or any of these: The Optimist, Bocado, JCT Kitchen, Miller Union, 4th & Swift, Serpas, Rathbun's, Restaurant Eugene.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 53
6. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

I agree with the Renaissance recommendations. You can also relax at their rooftop bar - marriott.com/hotels/…

I usually eat a Baroanda before a show - the food is good and they make sure you are out in time for the show. It's popular because it's less than a block from the Fox. Since you will be staying nearby, it may be better to eat at a restaurant between the hotel and the Fox. JAtlanta's list is a good one to choose from.

7. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, January 27, 2013
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
reviews: 51
8. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

+1 on Baronda---- very good Italian, and when youre done eating its just a block away make a res because it does get crowded before a show

9. Re: Next Weekend in Midtown - Need Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 28, 2014