We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hotel

Going to try out for the VOICE this weekend.. have a car but need a nice but not expensive hotel - we can drive. Suggestions?? I was thinking of the airport area.

thanks!

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 70
1. Re: Hotel

Perimeter or Midtown. Airport is pretty isolated.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 59
2. Re: Hotel

How many people are coming? Look at Priceline if just 2 and you can share a bed if needed or Hotwire (enter 3 people) if you want 2 beds. Since you are driving you have more flexibility. A 4star hotel at the airport would be fine via Priceline or Hotwire. 3star or higher in other areas.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 59
3. Re: Hotel

Right now on Hotwire, there are 4star hotels at the airport and Perimeter for $65 and a 3.5* at the airport for $55. All have satisfaction ratings of 90% or higher which is great.

4. Re: Hotel

thanks!!

We are going to arrive on Sat. and we were thinking of leaving on Monday. A friend just said that we should be gone before Monday.. as there may be too many closed roads etc. (I don't think that should be a problem!).. Thoughts?

Edited: 9:37 pm, January 15, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 74
5. Re: Hotel

Why would there be closed roads?

I agree with the suggestion to Priceline downtown, Buckhead, midtown or Perimeter. Since you'll have a car you can also consider the Cobb Galleria area. The airport is too isolated and surrounding areas are sketchy at night.

Atlanta, Georgia
6. Re: Hotel

The auditions are at the AmericasMart downtown.

Personally I would try to get a hotel downtown from which I could walk to the audition not risking my beautiful voice (not) and artistic temperament to the possible breakdown of motor vehicles. So try Priceline or Hotwire unless you need 2 beds.

Philadelphia
reviews: 15
7. Re: Hotel

Hotwire has 4* downtown hotel for only $88 and the approval rating is 90%.

atlanta ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 17
8. Re: Hotel

Just know that the City of Atlanta hired an aggressive company to enforce parking laws. If you park in a no parking zone, your car will get booted, and you will have to pay $75/100 to get it removed. Consider MARTA if you decide to stay at a hotel along the train route, if not, make sure you can legally park where you choose (if not a paid parking deck or lot, don't go there).

9. Re: Hotel

thank you for letting me know a VERY important part of any trip! I shall watch where I park. Appreciate your info!

Canada
reviews: 38
10. Re: Hotel

check out betterbidding.com. I just booked the Marriot Marquise downtown for $60+tax etc.