We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Milledgeville interesting

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dunfermline
reviews: 21
Is Milledgeville interesting

I`m visiting Georgia in February. I`m spending four days with friends in Americus and afew days in Savannah. I`m wondering whether to drive from Savannah to Atlanta without an overnight break. I gather it`s a bit boring. Would an overnight stop is,say,Milledegville be worthwhile?

Asheville, North...
reviews: 88
11. Re: Is Milledgeville interesting

If you are an O' Connor fan I would make the stop. The drive on I16 to I75 is mostly farm land and pine trees and it takes closer to five hours.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 59
12. Re: Is Milledgeville interesting

I just don't understand the routing. It's not a natural detour with Americus as the starting point. The drive from Americus to Savannah is just a little over 3 hours and there's a lot more to see in Savannah then Milledgeville.

If you DO want to detour north and add to the drive then there may be other places to see instead of or in addition to Milledgeville. Eatonton has been mentioned. Madison is one of the 10 prettiest towns in the US. Juliette GA is the tiny town where Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed. If you are a fan of the Vampire Diaries, Covington is the location for the show. Social Circle is an historic little town with a great Southern buffet, The Blue Willow Inn. Lake Oconee may be of interest. Macon has some things to see that you may be interested in.

What are your goals? What kind of things would you like to see? How long to you want to add to this drive. An hour? An afternoon? An overnight?

13. Re: Is Milledgeville interesting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 21, 2014