We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roanoke, IN
reviews: 23
In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

Hey all,

We're heading down to Disneyworld this upcoming week, but due to my affinity for the Georgia Aquarium, we're stopping for a few days in Atlanta to hang out a bit.

We already got our "citypass" and will be hitting up a few of those, but need some ideas for our nights. We're pretty fun and looking for something memorable...any suggestions for dinner? While we're not opposed to having a nice meal...we can't really afford a truly expensive affair. I could see spending around 30 a plate or so (I know, probably not much in downtown Atlanta).

Any other must stop spots while we're there?? Thanks all!!

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 68
1. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

If you're around on a Monday, Thursday, or Saturday morning, take a guided tour of the historic and restored Fox Theatre. Start in the arcade on Peachtree St at 10AM.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
reviews: 60
2. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

If its nice eat at Einstein restaurant. Great vibe,outdoors and good food. I don't mean the bagel place. Mlk ctr is nice as is the high museum

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 73
3. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

$30 a plate is plenty for almost any restaurant in Atlanta. My top recommendations: The Optimist, Lure, Miller Union, Empire State South, Serpas, 4th & Swift, Ecco, JCT Kitchen. Woodfire Grill is also stellar, but might be on the far edge of your budget. If in downtown Decatur, check out No. 246, Iberian Pig or Cakes & Ale.

I was also going to suggest the Fox but see that Stevedec beat me to it. You might also enjoy Atlanta Botanical Garden, which has a scarecrow exhibit and some night time events leading up to Halloween.

Another idea is the Halloween tour Oakland Cemetery, but it's already sold out. It's s fantastic event if you can find tickets. Your concierge might be able to work some magic. Oakland is a Victorian cemetery and does special tours leading up to Halloween. I went 2 years ago, and it was a great experience - guides with lanterns in period garb walked us through the cemetery and told the stories of its inhabitants. This wasn't focused on the scary/creepy but rather the history and romance of early Atlanta. The view of downtown from Oakland is stunning.

Edited: 3:09 pm, October 22, 2012
Atlanta, Georgia...
reviews: 62
4. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

Antico Pizza is not particularly romantic or intimate, but it is dynamite and inexpensive. The pizza is a truly authentic Italian experience.

We love Nuevo Laredo for Mexican. Its off the beaten path, but delicious and a local favorite.

Why not have drinks/appetizers at Krog Bar (very cool, tiny and special), then enjoy an improv show at nearby Dad's Garage?

You could go to Virginia Highlands and have dinner at either Murphy's or maybe even Noche, then walk around the neighborhood, window shop and have some gelato at Paolo's.

We also like Mai Li for Thai food in the Virgina Highland neighborhood. Has a good atmosphere and affordable prices.

Roanoke, IN
reviews: 23
5. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!!!

We have a bit of extra time Sunday, we may try to swing by Oakland Cemetary if we can scrounge up some tickets. I'm looking forward to trying one of the places JAtlanta suggested... and we love pizza so we may try Antico Pizza for lunch or something.

Thanks again, all!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 73
6. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

Antico is fantastic. The tables are in the kitchen, so you can watch them make the pizza.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
reviews: 60
7. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

I too like antico. But its pretty rustic. Picnic tables very loud. If I were honeymooning is go to baraonda near the fox. Much nicer atmosphere good bar and both very good pizza and real Italian food. If you're a pizza foodie its antico. For a much mire intimate pleasant meal its baraonda

Williamsburg...
reviews: 7
8. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

Congratulations on your marriage! We just had an amazing dinner at Two Urban Licks. My son and his wife live in Atlanta and say it is their favorite restaurant. The atmosphere is unique, at least for us small town folks. Check out their bsite.

Every dish was more delcious thn the last. The Salmon Chips were a wonderful flaked salmon with a bit of heat (maybe habenero.) and a few capers. The Calimari was the best I have ever had anywhere. Two of us had grilled scallops and grits which were full of flavor. The men in the group had steak whcih they said was good but not great. To top it off my husband ordered bread pudding which they ate while I was in the ladies room room but they said was great.

It was very busy so call for reservations.

9. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, January 27, 2013
Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 68
10. Re: In Atlanta for 2 days as part of honeymoon...

To the previous two posters - look at dates before you post - the OP was tohave been in ATL last October, so your advice is meaningless to him.