We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new international terminal at atlanta

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
reviews: 1
new international terminal at atlanta

I am arriving in from Dublin with Delta and then onward to Orlando. I know the new terminal is open. I have 2 hours to tansfer, is this ok? Also as I'm not keen on the plane train, can I use the walkway from F to domestic terminal?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 77
1. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

Isn't Dublin a preclearance airport? If so, that's plenty of time, and you may or may not land in the new international terminal.

If for some reason you did have to go through customs and immigration in the US, 2 hours ought to be enough time but you should not dawdle.

You can walk, but I hear that it's about 3/4 of a mile. Why in the world would you not want to take the train?

mississippi
reviews: 23
2. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

For example, my husband gets motion sickness on the train. At times he would much rather walk (if there is ample time) than ride it! Not a pretty sight when he turns green lol.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 78
3. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

I have issues with crowds in confined spaces so we usually take the moving sidewalk and count the trek as exercise. I can understand how your husband would turn green on the train as I have often been pale as a sheet.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
reviews: 70
4. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

there is a moving sidewalk as well--for exercise when i was flying alot id walk from the gates to the terminal--at a slow pace its about 5 minutes between each terminal--i never walked from the new terminal, but from E ited be 25 minutes w/o using the powered walker

Atlanta, Georgia
5. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

I just checked the airport website and they say

<<Yes, The Plane Train, the Airport's people mover, has been extended to Concourse F. Passengers who arrive at Concourse F can ride The Plane Train from Concourse F to all concourses, including T. The pedestrian walkway also has been extended to Concourse F.>>

I too like to walk (with the intermittent aid of the moving sidewalk), it gets in a good length walk in a level air-conditioned environment and can be calming

Just found the other page on the website where they say you will re-check your bag for your onward flight before you leave Concourse F in the International Terminal so you will free to stroll.

These reassuring statements on the website leave me confused as to what that fuss was about shuttle buses when the terminal first opened ... anyway if a train makes you sick a bus would make you sicker

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 77
6. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

The fuss about the bus is that you cannot use the train if you are outside of the secured area. Meaning that if you have picked up your luggage or if you have arrived at the wrong terminal, you have no choice but to take the shuttle bus to reach the main terminal, to reach MARTA and to reach the SkyTrain. And, the "shuttle buses" they've been using are just 9 passenger vans (meaning a hassle to cope with luggage) and waits of about a half an hour to get on the bus, which will then have to go all the way to the interstate to take you to the main terminal. So, the fuss is warranted. The SkyTrain should have been extended.

Atlanta, Georgia
7. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

Oh right, thanks JAtlanta.

I haven't seen any news reports that they have increased the size or frequency of these bus/vans.

I'm going on an international trip next month with a fair amount of luggage on the outbound trip. I may have to re-assess going on MARTA, except for the lack of alternative. Taxi from College Park station?

Atlanta, Georgia
8. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

I would call Delta. Some international planes are landing in E - not sure if flights from Ireland (we were coming from another country). We had to walk from E to F/Int'l Terminal to go through passport control/customs and it took 20-25 mins with the moving sidewalks - not sure why we couldn't take a train from E to F but we did as we were told. If you do not have to do anything with your luggage you should be fine...it was a mess when we arrived in Atl so I would just double check with Delta if I were you.

Atlanta, Georgia
9. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

I read somewhere that you might have a problem getting from MARTA to the International Terminal...it might not be a good idea. You probably should research it. Sorry I can't remember where I read it - might have been on trip advisor or a link. Taxi might be better to the international terminal/F or wherever you are taking off from - not all international flights use F right now.

Our arrival last weekend was a nightmare. It seems like whoever planned the International Terminal had a lot of $$$ to spend but not a lot of common sense...but maybe we are missing something???

Atlanta, Georgia
10. Re: new international terminal at atlanta

<<It seems like whoever planned the International Teminal had a lot of $$$ to spend but not a lot of common sense>>

That sounds like the Atlanta Way.

Could have been worse - they might have had only a few $$ and still no common sense.

I look forward to seeing the art, anyway.