We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can't find a hotel

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 1
can't find a hotel

What is going on in Atlanta the weekend of March 11th? We want to see the new aquarium and all the downtown hotels are booked. I've read postings about midtown, how close it to downtown, and which hotels would you recommend. We don't have any yound children, just an older son, college age. thank you

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 76
1. Re: can't find a hotel

I see that there's an American Craft Festival show at the Georgia World Congress Center. I've never heard of it but that must be the culprit.

Midtown is very close to downtown - 3-4 MARTA stops or about a 10 minute drive, depending on where you start and end. I usually recomend just looking for a hotel on Priceline and using the 4-star option because there are lots of nice hotels in midtown and, unless you do something really unique like the Four Seasons (which does have weekend specials), the Georgian Terrace, or Hotel Indigo, they're all pretty mych interchangeable. I think Priceline users are usually booked at the Wyndham or the Sheraton, both nice hotels. Pretty much any hotel in midtown will be within walking distance of a MARTA station.