Considering moving to the Altanta area. I have read a lot of great information on the other forums and they have been enormously helpful. I do have some specific questions about cost of living (other than housing prices). For example, I read on another forum that Douglas county has the lowest taxes - does that mean real estate taxes.
1)For a say $200,000 home in Douglasville, can anyone give me a ballpark figure what annual real estate taxes will run?
2) For that same $200,000 home, what can I expect for home owners insurance?
3) Noticed that many of the newer homes have homeowner's association fee - I realize these will be dependent on what the amenities are, but say for a clubhouse, pool, and tennis court, what should I expect for annual HOA fees?
4) From either Stone Mountain or Douglasville say 18 miles from downtown (looking at Grady health system for employment), what can I expect for travel time if my start of shift is at 7am? Will I miss the heavy traffic?
5) Seems like none of your homes are listed with square feet. If I were looking at 4-5 bedrooms and 3 baths, what could I expect for square footage?
6) I have heard that Atlanta is terrible for termites and most homes have a "bond" for treatment and prevention. Is this the case? Is it transfered to the new owner?
7) Anyone like to give me an estimate on car insurance in the area. In my early 40s, female, divorced, 1998 Honda Accord. NO tickets, accidents, or claims at all. An annual quote would be appreciated.
I think that is all I can think of at the moment. Any advice/suggestions would really be appreciated. I currently live in Ca. and think the RE is way too high. I have older parents living with me now and need more space. If I am going to move, then I am getting the heck out of CA. Everything is way too expensive, airquality is horrible, crime is sky high....and it is just time for a change. Atlanta sounds wonderful and from what I have heard the people are soooo nice.