We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Amtrak station parking

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrison, Tn
reviews: 1
Atlanta Amtrak station parking

The other forum concerning this question was from 2006. I was hoping that maybe something had been done by now. Where do you park your car when you take a Amtrak trip?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 64
1. Re: Atlanta Amtrak station parking

I don't think there has been a change to parking at the in-town Amtrak station. There's a shopping center across the street, but I don't know the parking situation there.

If you take a look at Google streetview, it looks like the Gainesville station has some parking in a lot across the street.

http://tinyurl.com/ye8ucfg

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
reviews: 76
2. Re: Atlanta Amtrak station parking

I think the parking situation at the Atlanta Amtrak station is just absurd. There is room for about 4 cars, but the lot is always occupied by taxis. People have to stop in the middle of the street to let out passengers, blocking traffic.

I do not think it is advisable to park in the shopping center across the street, as they would probably view it as trespassing and have your car towed. There are many public parking lots in midtown and you can park at many MARTA stations (www.itsmarta.com). However, it is too far to walk from any MARTA station to the Amtrak station, so you would either have to take a bus or a taxi.

If I were you, I would drive to the Sandy Springs MARTA station ($4 per day) and park there. You can take the train to the Lindbergh (more likely to find a taxi) or Arts Center (closer) station, and get a taxi from there to Amtrak. If you're willing to pay $3 more a day to park and cut out the additional step, you can just park at the Lindbergh MARTA station and take a taxi to Amtrak.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 122
3. Re: Atlanta Amtrak station parking

Atlanta Amtrack parking is ridiculous. I don't understand how a major city Amtrack station can be planned so poorly. The above advice is about the best if you need to park a car.

4. Re: Atlanta Amtrak station parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 24, 2010