We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Woodstock to Rochester Vermont

Which Woodstock hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
reviews: 16
Woodstock to Rochester Vermont

I need some suggestions for the best route since Nasty Irene went through in August from Woodstock to Rochester. I was planning on route 12 through Bernard to route 107, connecting to route 100. Is this possible at this time? Thanks, I leave Florida in the morning and hope to get this bothersome problelm out of my mind!! Thanks for any help.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
reviews: 232
1. Re: Woodstock to Rochester Vermont

Afternoon Floridaspygirl,

Route 107 is NOT open from Bethel to Pittsfield. You can get to Rochester via the mountain drive along Camp Brook road, but this is a fairly tough route.

For ease route 125 from Middlebury/route 7 is the easiest route from the west of the State and route 100 south from Waterbury/I89 is open with some minor delays.

Route 100 north via Pittsfield from Killington and route 4 is passable, but is not open to general traffic. However if you have a particular reason to get to Rochester then you should be allowed through. I did drive this route 10 days ago and It was in very passable condition.

South Florida...
2. Re: Woodstock to Rochester Vermont

Thank you David. I am going to Liberty Hill Farms for an overnight.

I imagine they will let me drive from Woodstock on route 4 to Killington

and then north on route 100? Will they attempt to stop my travel?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 32
3. Re: Woodstock to Rochester Vermont

You should be able to take 100. The section through Pittsfield is slated to open this weekend.

So..take 4 to 100 north.

For more of an adventure you can take Camp Brook Road/Bethel Mtn Road from Bethel to Rochester if that interests you. It's a mountain road that from what I understand is now partially dirt because parts had to be rebuilt due to the storm. If this route interests you post back and I (or bignose) can give you more specific directions.

South Florida...
4. Re: Woodstock to Rochester Vermont

The Camp Brook Road/Bethel mountain road sounds like a wonderful adventure, and adventurous I am!! If you don't mind the effort, let me know this route. Thank you so very much. I will be traveling through that part of vermont on Tuesday.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 32
5. Re: Woodstock to Rochester Vermont

Since 12 and 107 are closed, take Route 4 east and get on I-89 north. Take exit 3 for Bethel. At the end of the ramp go right. Follow this road (107) into Bethel and stay straight onto Route12 at the intersection in town,. .

Follow 12 north about 3 miles and look for Camp Brook Road on your left. Take it. You'll go up and over Rochester Gap. On the Rochester side of the mountain you'll come to a stop sign. Go left. This will bring you into Rochester village. Go south on 100 to your Inn.

Here is a link to the Google Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=camp+brook+road+bethel+vt&hl=en&ll=43.857183,-72.718849&spn=0.069935,0.196381&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=39.235538,100.546875&vpsrc=6&hnear=Camp+Brook+Rd,+Bethel,+Windsor,+Vermont+05032&t=m&z=13

6. Re: Woodstock to Rochester Vermont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 24, 2012