We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dilemma, independently or hotel??

Which Bugibba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 5
Dilemma, independently or hotel??

Hi

This will be (hopefully) our 4th visit to Malta this year, we were wondering whether it might be better to go self catering in an apartment instead? Downside is no pool but across the road from the beach so could do as the locals do. we stayed at the Seashells last year which wasn't great so we thought of renting an apartment instead.

Its approx £350.00 cheaper as well!

Any thought would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Lee

10 replies to this topic
Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
reviews: 3
1. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

I always book my own hotels or apartment usually use booking.com some apartments have swimming pools places like The Park Hotel in Sliema have an indoor and outdoor one on the roof and you will find several others like it. I will be back ilater this month and am staying in the Onex in St.Julians they have no pool if I want to swim the sea is down the hill. Food in the supermarkets is a lot cheaper the same with drink so 350 would easily do you for a week.

Staffs
Destination Expert
for Bulgaria, Sunny Beach
reviews: 11
2. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

Try

lowcostholidays.com

I paid £160 for one week, to Malta Jan 17th, including flights from East Midlands and hotel. That is for two people (80 quid each) and the price is for two single rooms. You can't go wrong really.

Portugal is on for £90 a week for the same deal. You need to be flexible with your dates.

Best,

Paul

London, United...
3. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately we can't be too flexible as we have to go during school holidays, and we do like to get summer heat as well!

Best wishes

Lee

Sussex
reviews: 15
4. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

We're heading out in July for our 9th (I think?) visit, our 4th booking independantly and have had no problems and saved quite a bit too. We've not found the lack of a pool effects us what with the sea being so clear, warm and close by.

Go for it! :)

liverpool uk
reviews: 7
5. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

Hi Lee,We booked an apartment last year instead of an hotel and found it much better,we used www.holidaylettings .co.uk and found a brilliant seafront apartment down by Bugibba jetty,we have booked independently again this year but not same apartment as it's fully booked for September,I might add that I am just a holidaymaker and not an owner or employee of said website,hope this helps,Alan

London, United...
6. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

Hi

Thank you everyone for their responses, we did it!!

Have booked and fly out on Monday 18th August staying at an apartment in Bugibba.

Really looking forward to it and glad we took the plunge.

Best wishes

Lee

blackpool
reviews: 43
7. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

we are trying sunseeker holiday complex bugibba. we are told it's good. we have done both we booked our own and stayed 3 months.basic apt with washer cooker no tv

Sussex
8. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

Which apartment did you book LeeD? Is it a private or part of a complex?

Just being nosey like! ;)

London, United...
9. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

Hi Swifty

We booked Rose Corner Apartments which we saw on here, great communication with the owner and had everything we needed, plus a good price!

Best wishes

Lee

Sussex
10. Re: Dilemma, independently or hotel??

I just had a look at them on TA, looks good and a great location.

We have stayed just up the road from there a few times and have found it really convenient for just about everything. Supermarket is about a 5 - 10 minute walk, you can get to the square in Bugibba in less than 5 minutes and our favourite pub in less than 3 ;)

I hope you enjoy your experience of independent holidaying, we've honestly never looked back!

Reply to: Dilemma, independently or hotel??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bugibba