We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

palm court hotel

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
palm court hotel

help im really starting to worry!!!

My family and i are due to fly to malta staying at this hotel but i have been reading the reviews and now i dont know what to do! I have booked a week all inclusive for me 3 kids and mum - any one out there with anything good to say please let me know so i can sleep tonight. thanx

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
reviews: 40
11. Re: palm court hotel

I think this needs to be brought into perspective.

Palm Court is definitely not on my list of hotel to stay at although I did stay there about 6 or 7 years ago. I found it smelly and generally unclean although the beds, linen and bathroom was clean. We were there on HB basis simply because it was the cheapest option which is why many others do exactly the same.

In my opinion you get what you pay for and Palm Court is no exception. I have met and do meet lots of people including some on this forum that really like the simplicity of having a base to leave their things. Not everybody wants nor needs a high standard of luxury but feel sure that everyone does want good basic cleanliness which certainly in the past Palm Court has failed miserably at. I have heard a number of people recently say that it seems to have improved but they also tend to have now come to terms that the property is indeed Fawlty Towers.

Over the last couple of years I have also heard things like the current owners are only running the hotel down because with Palm Court & Venus Apartments next door it is perfect for development (take a look at the former Island International Hotel along the road) Flats and apartments are what property holders are looking to create to maximise profit and feel in my own mind that there is quite a lot of truth in the rumours about Palm Court.

In the mean time as Trip Advisors all we can do is actually tell it as we see it and let the traveller make their own decision. As I stated at the top of my post Palm Court is not where I would like to stay again but that's me. I do know a lot of people that are more than satisfied with the accomodation and what's more THE PRICE they are paying. Not every room is filthy and not every room is in poor repair so with the turnover of guests the odds are that Malta Bargains will have satisfied customers.

The thing I hold against Palm Court and Malta Bargains is the bad name it seems to project on Malta tourism. It has become synonymous with poor quality.

The sooner the MTA (Malta Tourism Authority) get a grip and award their stars for the QUALITY NOT QUANTITY of the properties facilities the sooner credibility can be given to the star system.

In my opinion the Palm Court in the UK would struggle to even become AA recommended but because of the facilities it has could reach 2*. In the UK and probably in the most of developed Europe it would probably shut down on the grounds of health and safety.

nottingham
12. Re: palm court hotel

we as a family havea good standard of hygiene thank-you.

we had clean sheets, clean towels as we wanted them, the food was very english but was good and plenty of it.lots of the young one`s were having a good time which is what you are supposed to do on your hols. never heard any bad language. we had 2 teenagers who were well behaved at all times. think their DIY is not up to most peoples standard especially in the bathroom but it was still clean.small prob with toilets not flushing one morning,but we improvised by filling cistern up from shower and hey presto a flushing toilet. not rocket science.

Malta
13. Re: palm court hotel

I live in Malta and work in the tourist indusrty here.

I have heard of people booking this hotel with Malta Bargains with no intention of staying because it is cheaper than booking the flight alone!! And then booking somewhere else to stay when they actually get here.

England
14. Re: palm court hotel

To be fair it doesnt look clean because is is old - needs a lick of paint, new carpet etc. BUT our room was cleaned daily and our sheets were always clean. I would not take a child there otherwise. The comments about bad language and drinking are true but these are problems with the types of people staying there who are English - isn't it a disgrace that people from our country are making the experience unpleasant for others! We use the hotel as a base and every day we go to cultural spots so that my step-daughter learns about a different culture whilst having fun. She loved it and we all had a good time. If people explored a bit more instead of sitting by the pool there wouldnt be a problem - anyone who wants a pool holiday should pay more for a better hotel or else go to their local swimming baths, lay on a towel by the side and put on some fake tan!

15. Re: palm court hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations