We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

Which Qawra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

Has anyone any experience of this hotel. My daughter and I are thinking of going there in early July.

Look forward to hearing from someone in the know.

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
reviews: 40
1. Re: Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

Venus Aparthotel was formerly Reubens Court and appeared on Holidays from Hell.

I've never stayed there but it is very basic. To give you some idea the sophisticated (by comparison) Palm Court Hotel is next door which is pretty dire. I have to say it wouldn't be on my list to stay at.

Be sure though this is just my opinion and there are probably people that have stayed there and enjoyed it... I've just never met any of them:-(

Leicester,England
reviews: 5
2. Re: Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

So much depends on your expectations. It is worth remembering that in Malta the star ratings can be inflated, so think 2*. I have no personal experience of the Venus, though I have brief...very brief..experience of the Palm Court, so I'd tend to agree with Scubapro

Sandhurst Berks
Destination Expert
for Malta, Qawra
reviews: 40
3. Re: Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

As mentioned many times before on the forum remember that the Maltese award stars for the amount of facilities not the quality of them. Although they should go hand in hand this unfortunately is not the case in most instances.

Venus Aparthotel so far as I'm aware was just a re-branding exercise after the holidays from hell programme and still has the same management.

Cheshire UK
4. Re: Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

Hi Smiley

My wife and I stayed at the Venus Aparthotel last October and reviews here are about right - if you ignore those who think its either great or a doss house. We found it extreamly basic but we got a really cheap deal so thought it was just about value for money. personally unless you can get a very cheap deal I would look at somthing else but not palm court! Soreda Hotel is close by as is Santana and a few other 4* hotels that are far better. Whatever you are thiking off look at the reviews and ask questions here, someone will have up to date information. Wherever you stay enjoy, Malta is agreat place to explore, by bus or car

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 24
5. Re: Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

I stayed in the Venus Hotel three years ago exactly. I payed a smidge over 300 pounds each and my husband and I found it to be rather sub-standard regardless of price. There is NO air-con. The bathrooms had orange mildew in the shower area and the bathrooms were not nice in general. There is NO fresh or cooked vegetables of any kind in the 'restaurant', which was just a cafeteria really.There was omlette and chips with every meal and the meat was of poor quality in my opinion. The pool 'area' is very basic and we did not use it. Instead we payed less than a fiver each to use another hotels pool and lounge area. Most of the pools are CHLORINATED SEA WATER. There are only two sand beaches on Malta. If you ask for a pint of beer, you will get three-quarters of a pint for some reason! Most of the markets just sell toot that you can get from any gift shop and was disappointed after travelling for ages on a bus to Marsashloxx?? to get to a 'flea market', only to find it was all the same cheap market stuff. We found that there was no concept of customer service, and the 'laid-back Maltese charm' we discovered really meant surliness and laziness. We had a really really nice cruize to the Island of Comino though, and the island and the buffet lunch provided on the boat was lovely, and was by far the best part of our holiday.

Generally speaking, the area of Qawra and especially the immediate area around the Venus hotel was abit dire in places! We recommend Bugibba to go during the day for shops and keep a look-out for 'Bonapartes' restaurant. nice food and excellent staff for a change. As for the Venus, if you are happy with just using the room as a place to sleep and get changed, it will be just fine for you. I would not consider it as a 'nice' place to stay tho! The pistaccio icecream is the best i have ever had anywhere too! The shoes are cheap and I bought loads.

We would not go back to Malta or recommend it to anyone we know.

Newcastle
Destination Expert
for Malta, Island of Malta
reviews: 3
6. Re: Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

Hevbo

How can you say that you would not go back to Malta or recommend it to anybody you know all based on your one bad experience. Malta is not all like what you are describing. It has lots of very nice hotel, good restaurants with favourable service. The Maltese people are very friendly and will go out of their way to help you - even if you are a stranger let alone when you take the trouble to get to know them.

There is lots of history and plenty to do and see, not just beaches and shopping.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience but I don't think you can tar the whole of the island and it's people with the same brush

wales
reviews: 4
7. Re: Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

Hi. I stayed there some years ago just before it was on Holidays form Hell, when it was the Reuben Court. It was extremely basic but our apartment wasn't as bad as the programme portrayed it to be. We didn't have the crawly things in the bathroom!! It certainly wouldn't be my first choice of accommodation. One of the worst problems we encountered were the British holidaymakers staying there. whose idea of a good holiday was to cook themselves by the pool all day,everyday & spend every night in the Bar while their children ran riot around the complex!! (even my 14yr old son was shocked by the behaviour) Basically you get what you pay for!! I think far too many people book places like this & expect the Hilton Or Radisson!!! We have also stayed in the White Dolphin Apartments, Mavina Apartments, Sunseeker Apartments, all were far better than the Venus!!

As far as the Maltese people are concerned, I have always found them to be the MOST friendly & helpful people you will ever meet. If you make a friend of a Maltese person you have a friend for life. I find that if you are friendly & treat staff in Hotels, shops etc politely then you will have no problems at all.Courtesy doesn't cost anything, neither do manners. I would recommend Malta to anyone. I've not been able to go back this year & am really missing it now!!!

8. Re: Venus Aparthotel Qawra Malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, October 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Qawra
Recent Conversations