We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moving to malta

Which St. Paul's Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunny
reviews: 1
moving to malta

Can anyone give me some advice,my husband and i holiday in malta every year and our wish is to live there we were going to sell up here in the uk and move over and get jobs eventaully, but now we have the credit crunch,and the houses are not selling that well, we were told it was best to rent rather than buy in malta , so if anyone has already done this i would love to hear any tips or advice they can give. We have maltese friends and they have said dont rent apparently they dont believe in renting, if we buy we need the capital from our propery here in uk obviosly to buy there catch 22 love to hear from anyone who has already made the move thanks in advance.

Qawra, Malta
reviews: 3
11. Re: moving to malta

Hello there, my parents sold up and moved to malta in may. It was a fairly easy process as my dad is maltese and they bought a property off plan which solved the problem of selling their house here first as the agent worked to their timetable which worked out very well on all parts. I think the euro rate is making the property prices over inflated, they paid 123,000 euros for a 2 bedroom apartment. Luckily they had signed their contract in maltese lira so worked out slightly cheaper for them but i no thats what the apartments in the block are selling for now. We just got back and as someone posted before Naxxar is very nice and Qawra has some nice residential streets. I would recommend visiting at different times of year too as alot of people are lured by the gorgeous weather of the summer which is not a reality all year. Hope it all works out well for you

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
reviews: 13
12. Re: moving to malta

Many Brits choose villages or the South as their preferred location.

Others prefer St Pauls Bay.

Villages with modern apartment/villa complexes like Madliena are also chosen.

A good number go for the Sliema/St Julians (Swieqi, The Gardens, ta l-Ibragg etc ) area as they like to be in the hub of things.

It`s impossible to recommend an area, that`s why it is so important to have a good travel agent to guide you and for you to have a good look round.

Anyway, all distances are short and few trips can take more than 30 min by car.

London, United...
reviews: 13
13. Re: moving to malta

Have you though about renting out your UK property and using the money to rent in Malta? When I did the figures recently it seemed perfectly do-able.

This keeps you in touch with the UK house market, and aleviates the hassle of getting seperate Maltese wills written.

14. Re: moving to malta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about St. Paul's Bay