We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Richmond to ORL by train

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane
Richmond to ORL by train

Just wondering if anyone has gone by bus or train ric to ORL? Is the scenery nice?

It will be me and my 5yr old

3 replies to this topic
Falls Church...
1. Re: Richmond to ORL by train

I'm assuming you're talking about Orlando?

I have not taken the train but 95 is a very unremarkable road. The biggest highlights are the billboards for south of the border. Booking a random weekday train says you'd have to do an overnight train from Richmond to Orlando which is probably a better option because again, you won't see much of anything besides woods.

You may find it worth it to fly instead. The flight is only about 2 hours compared to the 11-12 you'd be driving.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 91
2. Re: Richmond to ORL by train

I have not taken the train from Richmond to Orlando, but I have made that drive--a lot of heavy traffic and no notable scenery. Riding on a bus down I-95 from Richmond to Orlando with a 5-year-old could be a pretty hellish experience--long ride with nothing to see.

Depending on the time of year, you can get some reasonably-priced non-stop flights from D.C. area airports (DCA and IAD. BWI is an option, but it is in Baltimore.) There are also flights out of Richmond, but they are much longer flights because they all require a stop elsewhere before getting to Orlando.

Edited: 11:14 am, March 23, 2014
Ruckersville...
reviews: 60
3. Re: Richmond to ORL by train

i would take the train over the bus, expecially with a five year old. You have more room. you have multiple bathrooms, you can purchase a meal or snacks. You can get up and move around. You will see different scenery than from a bus. You will go thru wooded areas, industrial areas, small and large cities.

You have two choices going and coming back. the Silver Star and the Silver Meteor. Check the Amtrak schedule for the fares and times. half of your trip will be at night.

Another comparrison is to check Jet Blue from Ric to MCO. Depending upon the date, you may be able to fly directly from Richmond to Orlando cheaper than taking the train. Just a thought. Have a great trip, I hope this information helps.

Reply to: Richmond to ORL by train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted