We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days Inn Credit/Debit Policy in RIchmond

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach...
Days Inn Credit/Debit Policy in RIchmond

Hey Everyone!

Does anyone know about Days Inn Payment Policy. My question is does anyone know the exact yes or no if I can use a debit card to book a room, and if so are there any "holding" fees.

Thank you(:

Ruckersville...
reviews: 74
1. Re: Days Inn Credit/Debit Policy in RIchmond

Rule #1 - Never use a debit card to purchase airfare, make hotel reservations, nor rental car reservations. Use a credit card. This will protect your bank account and give you some added protection in case of a problem or unforseen fee. If you must use the debit card, use a credit card to hold the room and change things over to you debit card upon checkout.

Rule #2- When tempted to use a debit card for purchasing Airfare, Hotel Rooms and rental cars. See Rule #1. Protect Yourself.

Edited: 10:11 pm, March 05, 2014
Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
reviews: 1
2. Re: Days Inn Credit/Debit Policy in RIchmond

I've never heard of a hotel that would not put a hold of some sort on any card, ESPECIALLY a debit card. When they do it is the only question. You should ask them directly.

When you use a debit card for making a reservation like this, you're basically saying: here's my wallet, take whatever you need! On a credit card, you have legal protections for disputed charges, and you just don't have the same protection with a debit card. Once they get your money, it's might be almost impossible to get it back.

Edited: 7:12 pm, March 06, 2014
3. Re: Days Inn Credit/Debit Policy in RIchmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:29 am, March 08, 2015