We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dale Chihuly at VMFA

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 46
Dale Chihuly at VMFA

I visited the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts yesterday to see the Dale Chihuly exhibit. It is just stunning! I've been fortunate enough to see Chihuly's work at several places, and everytime, I am just amazed. If you get a chance to visit the exhibit, don't pass it up. It's at the VMFA through Feb. 10, 2013. Admission to the museum is free, but there is a fee, $20, for the special exhibit, with reduced rates for students and seniors. There is also a $5 audio tour available, which I thought was helpful and "worth it."

There are other exhibits, and I was sorry to not have enough time to explore more, though I did get a brief look at the India silver exhibit.

East Coast
reviews: 27
1. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

Thanks for the tip! I love Chihuly and have seen exhibits elsewhere, had no idea it was in Richmond right now. I'll be going for sure!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 57
2. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

My son and I are headed there tomorrow-we love Chihuly. He had an exhibit at the MOCA-Museum of Contemporary Art here at the beach, maybe 10 years ago. It too was fabulous-thanks for your review!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 53
3. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

We enjoyed that exhibit quite a lot. We've been lucky enough to see Chihuly installations in several places--always a treat.

Richmond, Virginia
4. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

Glad to hear you all enjoyed the exhibit! We were certainly honored to have it in our great Region!

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
reviews: 1
5. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

We went last weekend and really enjoyed it. We bought our tickets online right before we left the house, and timed it so we were able to walk right in. This saved what looked to be about a 15 minute wait on line on a Sunday afternoon to buy tickets.

We did get the audio tour, but didn't really find it that informative beyond the signs at the exhibit . What was most helpful and interesting was watching the videos that were displayed continuously in the gift shop at the end of the exhibit that showed how the large pieces were actually made.

Lynchburg, Virginia
reviews: 84
6. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

My daughter and I went to the VMFA yesterday (stayed overnight Friday). The Chihuly exhibit is AMAZING! If you go on a weekend, GO EARLY!! Especially as the end date nears.

We arrived shortly after opening (10 am) and were able to walk right in. We didn't have the exhibit to ourselves, but it wasn't too crowded. We then visited the Art Nuveau and Art Deco exhibits plus others. By 11:30, there was a wait, and the line stretched from the exhibit stairs across the width of the building. We were also able to get a table in the restaurant, AMUSE. Lovely location, wonderful food!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
7. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

Like!!!

and the exhibit is leaving within a couple of weeks, I believe.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 46
8. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

I made a "trip wow" with some of my Chihuly exhibit photos. Find it here: …tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0766-cc60-0ec3

9. Re: Dale Chihuly at VMFA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 27, 2014