We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a vacation rental near Richmond

Which Richmond hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 6
Looking for a vacation rental near Richmond

My family (a group of five) will be visiting my sister and brother-in-law living in the Midlothian area in May. We'd love to stay in a vacation rental rather than a motel or hotel. There is only one listed on VRBO and I can't get a response from the owner. Can anyone recommend anything with 2 or 3 bedrooms?

Thanks!

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 48
1. Re: Looking for a vacation rental near Richmond

You might check craigslist. I see at least one that is 30-minutes from Richmond. Be careful though - one ad is actually trying to SELL "cheap" homes. Yeah, right.

There are lots of timeshare/condo rentals in Williamsburg if that isn't too far away.

Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
reviews: 1
2. Re: Looking for a vacation rental near Richmond

I agree with Wendymath that I would be extremely careful dealing with individuals; vacation rentals are not something that is normally done in Richmond, so you will be quite lucky if you find something. Even the residence hotels I know of in the Richmond area are either studios or 1 bedroom.

I don't know how long you're staying, but if it's an extended visit, an alternative for you might be corporate housing. Oakwood has 3 facilities in Midlothian and a facility in the Bon Air area, which is not far from Midlothian that you might want to check into. Do a search at:

http://www.oakwood.com/

3. Re: Looking for a vacation rental near Richmond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 21, 2009