We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

Which Cambridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge...
reviews: 140
Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

I have been trying to get some mistaken information changed concerning one restaurant that Trip Advisor thinks is closed and is not and a restaurant that trip advisor clings to a name that has been changed. All I get is a bunch of set responses that do not apply to the situation. Does anyone know a better way?

We undertook a 7 week 11,000 mile road trip around the USA and stayed in many hotels and motels and dined at many restaurants. It has taken me a couple of weeks to review them all and I am nearly finished. Consulting Trip Advisor has helped us avoid most of the really bad places and now mostly our stays are good and so is the food.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
reviews: 116
1. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

I assume you used the "Update restaurant details" button to report the problems. You will get automated responses to those reports and they often don't make sense, but usually the corrections are made. It can take TripAdvisor a long time to do this, 6-8 weeks is common.

However, your question is better asked on the TA Support Forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Cambridge...
reviews: 140
2. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

Thanks for the reply. The problem that I have would not be helped with the update button. If the restaurant or hotel has not been reviewed before or has changed names and you don't know what name it was using before the update button is of no use. Another issue that I have had is that TA seems to think that a restaurant In Pullman, WA is closed. They won't respond to me on this issue. It feels like no one is minding the store only the computers. I really hate to argue with computers.....

I have found TA very helpful in the last couple of years when traveling all over the US. Today I looked at restaurants here in Cambridge and was amazed at the number and the rankings. Toscaninis Ice Cream #1??!!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
reviews: 116
3. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

You'll do better on the Support Forum, but here's some help. To add a listing follow these instructions in the Help Center:

…custhelp.com/app/…20restaurant

For the other problems, I'm don't know what you've tried, but I think you need to use the "contact us" link in the Help Center. I'd go to General Support and then pick "listings" from the drop-down list. Do one problem at a time and supply as much information as possible (links to websites help). You may get an unhelpful automated response initially, but then a TA staffer is likely to respond.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Again, I recommend you take your questions to the Support Forum.

Cambridge...
reviews: 115
4. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

I have been waging an unsuccessful battle to get TripAdvisor to create a separate category for ice cream parlors. It's ridiculous that Toscanini's ranks above Oleana as the best "restaurant" in Cambridge. I tend to agree though with the other highly ranked places.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 57
5. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

The rankings are crazy. A few months back Maria's Pastry was #2 in. Boston. I am a big supporter of Maria's but, like Toscanini's ..,. It is not a restaurant!!

Cambridge...
reviews: 115
6. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

Yes - both bakeries and ice cream parlors are inexplicably listed among restaurants.

Boston...
reviews: 125
7. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

That drives me nuts too when I see an ice team place mixed in with the restaurants in the rankings.

Haverhill...
reviews: 34
8. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

Subway is also listed as a restaurant.

9. Re: Is there a better way to communicate with Trip Advisor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 25, 2014