We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night in Omaha

Which Omaha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 634
One Night in Omaha

Years ago I was a regular visitor to Omaha. After many moons I am getting to spend an evening in the city again.

Today, if I want to get the best flavor of Omaha should I head downtown and to the Old Market area (always enjoyed this place) or is there some new hot suburban area that should be my target?

If it makes any difference, I am traveling as a single guy.

Omaha, Nebraska
Destination Expert
for Omaha
reviews: 131
1. Re: One Night in Omaha

Well, I cant even remember when I was a single guy, but if you want a ( small ) concentration of things to do where you could walk place to place then the old market it is. There are a lot of clubs and bars and restaraunts of course out in west O but not all in the same place - although there is quite a concentration in the Miracle Hill area just north of Dodge on 114th.

Everything otherwise is pretty spread out.

Anything specific you are looking for?

Chicago
reviews: 634
2. Re: One Night in Omaha

Thank you for your help. I had a feeling that the downtown area has the greatest concentration of places to go.

I have nothing specific that I am looking to do or see. I am only trying to get a flavor of Omaha.

Omaha, Nebraska
reviews: 3
3. Re: One Night in Omaha

How about the Village Point area around 168th and Dodge?

It's not quite the varity of the Market but does have a few things.

4. Re: One Night in Omaha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 23, 2010