We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions Close to Market & Zoo

Which Omaha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 39
Hotel Suggestions Close to Market & Zoo

My husband and I are planning a weekend getaway to Omaha. We plan on enjoying the Market area, along with going to the Zoo.

I am looking for a resonable priced hotel ($100 or less a night preferred). We enjoy those that have breakfast included, wi-fi, a pool and hot tub and isn't a dingy old place. Wow, I sound picky, don't I! :)

We are celebrating my 45th Birthday and I just love this area (went one other time on my 43rd Birthday).

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Sandy in KC

Omaha, Nebraska
reviews: 28
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions Close to Market & Zoo

The new Holiday Inn a touch north of downtown maybe qualified.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

There are couple of more reviews on hotels.com Looks to be about $100 a night, wi-fi, probably no breakfast though because they've got a restaurant attached. Does have a pool and hot tub and it's totally new (maybe 4 months old)

Not a lot of hotels by the zoo, plus, not really necessary to stay close to the zoo. This place is still a short drive to the Old Market for dinner though. Maybe 5 min tops.

It's been awhile since I've stayed downtown, but I want to say it's hard finding a hotel with a pool/hot tub within walking distance. Hopefully someone else will post and prove me wrong.

D.C. area
reviews: 24
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions Close to Market & Zoo

I was in charge of getting a room in the downtown area for a group of us, and the only ones I can think of that kind of fit that criteria are the Embassy Suites (it has a pool, not sure about the hot tub, maybe free internet?, hard to call it "dingy", good location right by the Old Market) and the Holiday Inn (though recent reviews suggest breakfast isn't included and I would take the shuttle to the zoo, worse location than ES).

I wrote a review on the HI.

Omaha, NE
reviews: 48
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions Close to Market & Zoo

Old Market for under $100 is probably not going to happen. You might check priceline to see if any deals pop up though.

reviews: 39
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions Close to Market & Zoo

How close is the Hilton Garden Inn Old Market? I found an online rate of $79 a night. No breakfast, but free internet. I also noted the $9 a day parking fee, but realize parking is underground and secure, if I am understanding correctly.

Anyone know if this is correct, AND

anyones thoughts on this hotel?

Thanks!

Sandy in KC

5. Re: Hotel Suggestions Close to Market & Zoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 02, 2010