OK, here's the skinny on the research I did (a little insomnia tonight):
Camper1.com might be a legitimate site; but the site is done very poorly (IMO) and they do not rent/own the RVs. In this case they are a booking agent.
- "About Us" & "Contact US" do not list any phone number, peoples names or physical addresses (always a "red flag"/danger signal)
- clicking on "Our Locations" results in everything being at 5401 Old Seward Hwy in Anchorage, in Seward, in Skagway, in Haines, in Whitehorse.... WOW, I didn't know it was such a popular street name (& address)
- I do believe the web site is not written in "American English" as I saw "tyre" (tire) and the term "excess" (deductible?) used. Also as I filled out a reservation request, I came upon another web site (motorhomerepublic.com) that seems to be based out of NZ or Australia(?) - fits well with "tyre".
- the address for Anchorage pickup is Clippership RV. Clippership has a very poor BBB rating (F). See: bbb.org/alaska/business-reviews/motor-homes-…
- many of the vehicle pictures match those on Clippership's site.
For me there are too many "question marks" and I'd rather try the 2 companies listed in the 1st post of this thread.