We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Period abroad

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
7 posts
Thanksgiving Period abroad

Arriving in USA on Nov 19th. We will be in either Seattle or Portland areas for the Thanksgiving Period. Knowing this is an important and family custom in USA do members have any suggestions in how to be included in the celebrations?

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
4,316 posts
1 review
1. Re: Thanksgiving Period abroad

Im not understanding what you are asking.

Level Contributor
2,806 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Thanksgiving Period abroad

Thanksgiving in the US is predominately a family only thing. But pretty much all restaurants will have Thanksgiving menu options for you to try.

If you have friends in the US, and happen to mention that you'll be in town, I'd be willing to bet that you'll get an invite!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
17,202 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Thanksgiving Period abroad

I responded on your OR post.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
Level Contributor
8,991 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Thanksgiving Period abroad

I agree about the invite. It is customary to invite people to dinner, so put the word out. A restaurant will be ok, but an invite to a family dinner would be much better.

5. Re: Thanksgiving Period abroad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 28, 2015