We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

I forgot my carry-on at Reykjavik airport when connecting to my flight. Getting it shipped to Seattle where I live is going to cost arm and a leg (it's ~20 lbs).

If you have a stop in Reykjavik, are heading to Seattle and would consider doing a HUGE service, please let me know. Happy to pay you a reasonable amount for such a kind gesture.

5 replies to this topic
western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
1. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

Isn't that illegal?

Good luck, though.

Renton, WA
2. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

First question they ask at Customs: "Are you carrying any baggage for another person?"

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 874
3. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

Although we're sure you are a fine upstanding citizen, yes it is illegal in this day and age. Call UPS or FedEx. Compared to your trip there, the cost will be negligible.

Seattle, Washington
4. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

Yep, I concluded that myself after posting. UPS wanted $1500 for the shipment and I didnt even bother with fedex. Thanks to Iceland Postal Service, I got it shipped for $200....whether it makes it to me or not, I guess we will see.

L'Alfas del Pi...
reviews: 27
5. Re: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!

I think you'll be ok with the Icelandic postal service. My son left a pair of very expensive sunglasses behind after a whale watching tour. Weeks later the company (Elding) found them, wrapped them in bubblewrap and posted them back to the UK (all without charge) - and a week or so later they turned up safe and intact!

Reply to: Anyone coming to Seattle through Reykjavi, Iceland? Pls HLP!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted