We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle transportation

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hayward, California
reviews: 1
Seattle transportation

We will be staying at the Inn at the Market, and need to know the best way to get there from the airport. We will not be renting a car. We will be taking the ferry to Friday Harbor the next day. Do we need advance tickets, or can we just walk on? Thanks for any advice!

8 replies to this topic
Seattle
reviews: 12
1. Re: Seattle transportation

You can take LightRail for $2.75 per person, then walk about 6 blocks to your hotel if you don't have huge luggage.

You can take a shared shuttle, like Shuttle Express.

You can take a taxi or towncar which will be around $50.

suze

seattle
reviews: 1
2. Re: Seattle transportation

I assume that you are taking the Clipper catamaran from Seattle to Friday Harbor and I'm sure that you will need advance tickets. It is not a Washington State Ferry. These ferries do not run from Seattle to Friday Harbor.

Edited: 11:49 pm, July 21, 2014
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
3. Re: Seattle transportation

actually if you take the Stila towncars stationed at Seatac the rate is a flat $45. See on top right How to get into downtown Seattle for more info.

4. Re: Seattle transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:56 pm, July 26, 2014

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Seattle transportation

SeattleFlyerGuy,

Thanks for posting the transport info.

Does the referral code also give you $30 in credit? If it does, please also be transparent with this info.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 61
6. Re: Seattle transportation

Yes, I get a free ride if someone decides to sign up with that code, which is what they get too.

However, another code that actually might be better, now that I am looking further at this is FREERIDE30. That one appears to be slightly different. I thought that they functioned the same, but I think that this one provides $30 in credit, while the previous one provides a free ride up to $30. I would edit the previous post, but that is no longer an option.

Edited: 5:00 pm, July 26, 2014
Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
7. Re: Seattle transportation

SFG, true, we can't edit once past the time limit but, you can copy and paste that content, with editing, on a new post. Then, go to Report inappropriate content", bottom right, select "Remove my post".

Edited: 5:57 pm, July 26, 2014
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 61
8. Re: Seattle transportation

Which I have already done, actually. However, if I didn't find the better code, I would have left it as it was. Uber is pretty much the best solution and with a code it also is free for the first ride. That would make their one way transfer both painless and without cost. I don't see the harm in providing a referral in this context, since it would be my recommendation with or without the code.

Reply to: Seattle transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted