We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle transportation

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hayward, California
reviews: 1
Seattle transportation

We will be staying at the Inn at the Market, and need to know the best way to get there from the airport. We will not be renting a car. We will be taking the ferry to Friday Harbor the next day. Do we need advance tickets, or can we just walk on? Thanks for any advice!

8 replies to this topic
Seattle
reviews: 14
1. Re: Seattle transportation

You can take LightRail for $2.75 per person, then walk about 6 blocks to your hotel if you don't have huge luggage.

You can take a shared shuttle, like Shuttle Express.

You can take a taxi or towncar which will be around $50.

suze

seattle
2. Re: Seattle transportation

I assume that you are taking the Clipper catamaran from Seattle to Friday Harbor and I'm sure that you will need advance tickets. It is not a Washington State Ferry. These ferries do not run from Seattle to Friday Harbor.

Edited: 11:49 pm, July 21, 2014
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
3. Re: Seattle transportation

actually if you take the Stila towncars stationed at Seatac the rate is a flat $45. See on top right How to get into downtown Seattle for more info.

4. Re: Seattle transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:32 am, September 28, 2014

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: Seattle transportation

SeattleFlyerGuy,

Thanks for posting the transport info.

Does the referral code also give you $30 in credit? If it does, please also be transparent with this info.

6. Re: Seattle transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:32 am, September 28, 2014
Edited: 8:32 am, September 28, 2014

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 53
7. Re: Seattle transportation

SFG, true, we can't edit once past the time limit but, you can copy and paste that content, with editing, on a new post. Then, go to Report inappropriate content", bottom right, select "Remove my post".

Edited: 5:57 pm, July 26, 2014
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 65
8. Re: Seattle transportation

Which I have already done, actually. However, if I didn't find the better code, I would have left it as it was. Uber is pretty much the best solution and with a code it also is free for the first ride. That would make their one way transfer both painless and without cost. I don't see the harm in providing a referral in this context, since it would be my recommendation with or without the code.

Reply to: Seattle transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted