We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Margaret River...
reviews: 14
Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

We will be staying with my aunt and cousins in Seattle in August for 2 weeks and they are planning such a wonderful holiday for us. We currently live in Australia and haven't seen them in almost 7 years so it's a very special holiday.

My husband and I would love to take them out for dinner on our last night and would love some recommendations please?

My cousin has three kids, ages 16, 13 and 7, so it needs to be somewhere that can cater for that age group but I would like to spoil them to a really nice place. Hopefully somewhere with a wonderful view or just somewhere really beautiful with great food.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

One thought is to go on a 2-lakes dinner cruise - http://www.waterwayscruises.com/

With all the saltwater activities and views available, many visitors actually overlook (or don't investigate) Seattle's two big freshwater lakes, Lake Union and Lake Washington. Unlike Argosy Cruise's dinner/dancing cruises (not really for the kids) the Waterways boats stick to the freshwater lakes and give an interesting tour along with decent food. Chances are even your relatives haven't done this (but don't know - are they boat people?)

reviews: 767
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

There is a restaurant at The Hotel Edgewater called Six Seven that has beautiful views! This would be a very nice place to spoil them. Enjoy your time in Seattle! :)

Seattle
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

"Wonderful view" is any of the places along the waterfront in Seattle. I like Anthony's Pier 66, but there's also Ivar's, Elliot's, Cutter's Crabhouse, etc. Cutter's is particularly family-friendly (with a kids menu) but still very nice. Matt's in the Market or Maximillien's are two in the Pike Place Market w/ views, you might look at too.

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 30
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

Can you just ask them? Maybe they have a spot that they love but rarely treat themselves to. Some 7 year olds are great in restaurants and others aren't, so by asking them, it gives them a chance to choose a place they know will work for their family.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

The Sky City restaurant at the Space Needle is another possibility. Food is actually pretty good and the view of the city and water below is spectacular. The restaurant makes a full rotation every hour, so you see all areas of Seattle.

Margaret River...
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

Wow thank you everyone for the great suggestions. I will ask my family when it comes close to the time, however, knowing them, they will not want us to take them all out in the first place. At least we have some suggestions to work from. Thanks!

Edited: 8:25 pm, April 28, 2014
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 35
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

Ray's Boathouse on Shilshole has good food and can't beat views of Puget Sound.

seattle
reviews: 2
8. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

High budget but quite special, and the rotation is a fun experience, the Space Needle restaurant. Cheaper but with fine views and a good menu for all ages, Rays Boathouse

reviews: 767
9. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

We are considering the Space Needle for a meal soon, what's good to order there? :)

10. Re: Restaurant suggestions to treat my family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 01, 2015