We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seafood

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
seafood

Where are the little gem of restaurants for great seafood?

reviews: 765
1. Re: seafood

We really enjoy Etta's, a Tom Douglas venue by the waterfront. :).

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
2. Re: seafood

Almost every restaurant here will have some type of seafood available. For a reasonable lunch I would suggest Emmett Watson's Oyster Bar or Pike Place Chowder. For a nice dinner I would recommend Blueacre Seafood.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 6
3. Re: seafood

Walrus and the Carpenter in Ballard.

Melbourne
4. Re: seafood

Thanks for the reply cannot wait to try those places

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
5. Re: seafood

Go to the waterfront and eat at Ivar's. Really pretty good food, but the charm and, as you put it "gem" is in the location. Chuck.

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
6. Re: seafood

Most of Tom Douglas' restaurants will have good seafood selections; Etta, as mentioned previously, specializes in seafood. We like Pike Place Chowder -- the one at Pacific Place has more options than the outlet at Pike Place Market. Another favorite is Shuckers, in the lover level at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel, very reminiscent of an old-school seafood bar.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 16
7. Re: seafood

The tripadvisor reviews are worth reading (select Restaurants above, then expand the 'Cuisine' option and select Seafood). As you'll see, there are a lot of very good choices. I don't think you can do wrong with any of the top ones listed.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 109
8. Re: seafood

Probably the newest hot pick would be Rock Creek in upper Fremont. It is a bit of a hike from downtown but really it is not that far. Going to Ballard or upper Fremont is only about 5 miles from downtown. It recently got a 3* rating from the Seattle Times critic Providence Cicero (only a small handful of places have gotten her highest rating of 3.5*) and has been getting great reviews across the board. It's influences are all over the place but I think it might do the trick for you.

http://www.rockcreekseattle.com/

Another new and hot place right on a dock on North Lake Union is Westward (and its oyster bar and grocery Little Gull). The food is seafood heavy and is modern Pacific NW with a strong Greek/Mediterranean emphasis. It also got *** from Providence Cicero. I personally have been loving Westward.

A few other picks:

For sushi I would hit Shiro's. The chef is a major NW sushi pioneer. Not exactly an off the radar pick, it is one of the most renowned sushi places in town.

Places like Walrus and the Carpenter (Ballard) and Taylor Shellfish (Capitol HIll) are good indie places to get oysters on the half shell or chowder.

Taylor is a retail outlet for their own shellfish farms and they supply many places around town. It is becoming well known but I would still consider it an insider pick.

Walrus is no longer really an insider pick. It has gotten major national press. But it is excellent. It isn't really the place to get a wide variety of cooked fish dishes. They are a small plate place and in addition to oysters typically have grilled sardines, a couple smoked fish dishes, perhaps a couple crudos and maybe one option for a whole cooked fish or filet.

Anchovies and Olives on Capitol Hill often has a very nice half shell oyster and crudo list. It is a place where you can routinely find geoduck crudo. They often have a couple cooked fish dishes and seafood pastas. It is not off the radar either... Ethan Stowell is one of our most prolific restaurateurs along with Tom Douglas. But I always enjoy eating there.

Lark on Capitol Hill is not specifically a seafood restaurant. It is a modern Pacific NW restaurant that focuses on local-seasonal and artisanal products. The chef is one of our nationally recognized award winners but he doesn't get as much press as some other top chefs in town. They typically have a solid seafood selection.

-K

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 35
9. Re: seafood

Rock Creek is definitely worth the trip!! I was just there and everything was amazing, from the service to the atmosphere and of course the food. We let our waiter recommend what was really great that day and he did not steer us wrong. We do have a lot of great seafood in Seattle, but I really felt like this was a cut above and I can't wait to go back!!

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 30
10. Re: seafood

What's a "little gem"? A lot of the places recommended in this thread are big and heavily touristed, or maybe not so big but quite famous (and will have long waits). Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but not what I think of when someone asks for a "little gem." I think Taylor Shellfish fits that description, but its not exactly a restaurant.

I'm another fan of both Westward and Rock Creek.