We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

Hi.

My fiance and I are planning on traveling to Seattle in June for our honeymoon. We are looking for romantic hotel and restaurant recommendations, as well as general awesome stuff to do recommendations.

We will be staying for about a week. Budget for hotel is less than $400/night. I would love to book a place on the water.

Thank you in advance for the help!

11 replies to this topic
Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 4
1. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

I hope since you are coming for a week that you spend at least a couple nights outside the City. There are some fantastic natural wonders in the surrounding area. It seems a shame to not take advantage of that while you are here.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 5
2. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

There is really only one hotel on the water: the Edgewater. They have an excellent restaurant. Make sure you specifically book a room over the water if you choose the Edgewater.. Other romantic choices, which may or may not fit your budget, are the Four Seasons, the Inn at the Market, and the Fairmont Olympic. A restaurant that serves excellent food in a romantic, warm atmosphere is the Boat Street Cafe. Seattle is a terrific food town, and I am sure you will get many recommendations for other restaurants.

Try to get to the Ballard Locks during your visit. It's really interesting and a uniquely Seattle experience.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 60
3. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

So, at $400/night for 5-6 nights, gives us an accommodation budget of $2000 to $2400. As others have mentioned, with a week in Seattle, you can spend a couple days here and then a couple days somewhere else.

Given that budget, your main thing is to get a room with a view towards the sound. The Inn at the Market or Four Seasons would be my top picks if you can get a good room with a view. The Four Seasons is a brand new building and the Inn at the Market is right in the Market itself. Hotel 1000 would also be an option.

However, with that budget you could also take a seaplane up to the San Juan Islands. So long as you are adventurous enough to get into a 6 person seaplane, would be an amazing experience and take you out to a very beautiful and romantic destination. Kenmore Air flies directly to the islands. The only disadvantage is that they are pretty strict on luggage weight limits (25lbs MAX), so you will either have to figure out something to do with your stuff or pack light to begin with. It would be fairly pricey (flights round trip are $300 per person) and it is high season in the islands (also makes accommodation more pricey), but if you found a hotel in Seattle for less than $400, you could keep under budget. You could also take the clipper ferry one direction to save a total of $200 on the excursion.

As for restaurants, Canlis is an option for celebration. It is the golden standard for fine dining in Seattle and dinners run about $100-$125 a person before drinks, tip, and tax (Expect a $450 tab at the end. Future husband, PM me if you are interested in this for a tip). This is not the bleeding edge of Seattle cuisine, but does represent one of the few restaurants that has stood the test of time. Other of the best Seattle restaurants may compete on the quality of the food, but the service at Canlis is not replicated elsewhere in the city (at least that I've come across). Other options that are still excellent: Spinasse, WestWard (Somewhat difficult to get to, but very much a current "in" spot), The Walrus and the Carpenter, Cafe Munir (difficult to get to without a car, but way off the tourist track and very cozy), Restaurant Zoe, Lark (I actually know the chef here. We went to the same dojo for years).

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 41
4. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

You've received good rec's already.

I like the Olympic and the Edgewater both....but they are very different.

My wife and I both enjoy Place Pigalle, The Pink Door and Maximilien as good (romantic) retaurants in Seattle.

Enjoy your honeymoon.....

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
5. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

I'd rather stay at a downtown hotel with perhaps a view but not necessarily 'on the water'. The Edgewater is quite nice but you'd be cabbing or walking up hills to get to any tourist sites. The waterfront is nice but to get into the heart of downtown its a few steep hills up to the heart of downtown.

reviews: 708
6. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

We have stayed at both The Edgewater and Fairmont Olympic. Loved both places! If you're set on a view, The Edgewater sits directly on the water. Six Seven is the restaurant there where you may want to have a meal even if you don't stay there.

Let me know if you have any questions about either hotel. The Fairmont is very elegant with a great indoor pool, jacuzzi and town car service. :).

Seattle
reviews: 217
7. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

I agree with David, the Edgewater is not a great location for seeing the city, and while I think Six Seven is a great restaurant, there aren't a lot of other choices close by. You're better off up the hill and a bit south in the main part of downtown, and can get some great views there too.

Seattle
reviews: 12
8. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

The Sorrento Hotel is classic & romantic www.hotelsorrento.com

For on-the-water you could look at www.thewoodmark.com over in Kirkland if you are getting a rental car.

But lots of the downtown hotels have some rooms with water views, but are not actually waterfront.

Tacoma
reviews: 4
9. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

The Inn at the Market would be my top pick based on both the hotel itself and location. It's location is perfect and it has beautiful views of the water. The Edgewater is really nice as well, although I wouldn't want to stay there without a car.

10. Re: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, February 09, 2014

Reply to: Seattle Honeymoon recommendations!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted