We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling solo

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 11
Travelling solo

Hi,

I'm planning a four day trip to Seattle in a few weeks. I'll be on my own but presumably it's safe and there's plenty to do for that period of time? I'll most likely stay at the Maxwell Hotel which is on Roy Street. Seems like a central spot?

Any comments gratefully received.

Thanks.

Renton, WA
1. Re: Travelling solo

Not central, but close enough. After the 1962 World's Fair, the grounds were renamed Seattle Center (which is north of downtown)...the site of the Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, Chihuly Glass Garden, etc. Mercer Street marks the northern boundary of Seattle Center and Roy Street is one block further north. The monorail runs between the base of the Space Needle and the heart of downtown, plus there are a number of buses connecting the two places. The area is known as Lower Queen Anne, and if you do not want to travel into downtown there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

These maps will help a lot.

www.visitseattle.org/Essentials/Seattle-Maps.aspx‎

Edited: 2:17 pm, November 02, 2013
2. Re: Travelling solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:22 pm, November 02, 2013
Edited: 5:22 pm, November 02, 2013
Renton, WA
3. Re: Travelling solo

You might also look at www.seattletimes.com/seattleguide for walks in the downtown area.

Seattle
reviews: 12
4. Re: Travelling solo

Agreeing with the post above, Maxwell is at the Seattle Center which is to the north of the downtown core. I'd personally prefer more central, like Mayflower Park, the Warwick, or Hotel Max.

Yes there is plenty to keep you busy for 4 days. See "top questions" in blue on this TA page. Yes it is safe, with any reasonable amount of common sense and street smarts.

suze

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
reviews: 40
5. Re: Travelling solo

You will love the Maxwell. I often stay in that part of town because I love having a big grocery store and drug store right down the street, lots of ethnic restaurants a block away and quick access to the heart of downtown a monorail ride away which appeals to the kid in me. Should you shop too much while you are downtown, a cab runs about $7 to get back to your hotel. I always enjoy coming back to the greenery and trees of that more residential area than noisy downtown and upper Queen Anne also has a lot to offer in the way of food, shops and architecture. There are often fairs and festivals at Seattle Center, too. I was just in town for the Antiquarian Book Fair at the Center and last year I hit an Etsy Rain Craft Fair with dozens of vendors. Check the paper when you get to town.

6. Re: Travelling solo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 05, 2014