We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting at car at midnight in Seattle?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,800 posts
Renting at car at midnight in Seattle?

Our plane arrived right around midnight on a Friday/Saturday in November. I'm trying to determine the best way to rent a car for the weekend with that arrival time. Perhaps it might even be best to grab a shuttle to a hotel and grab a nap and then get a car from somewhere other than the airport? The plan is to drive down to northern Oregon for a long three day roadtrip.

Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Renting at car at midnight in Seattle?

At that time, it's best to to to the Hotel and get your car the next morning. Chuck.

Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
16,266 posts
85 reviews
2. Re: Renting at car at midnight in Seattle?

I'd imagine that most of the airport locations will be open that late. For a 2 or 3 day rental there isn't normally a huge difference between seatac and downtown rates and with the $$ you spend on a cab it will be a push. Look at hotwire.com and put in Seatac vs Seattle and see what the difference is with tax. Many downtown locations will allow you to return to seatac free but some do charge a drop off charge.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
28,380 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Renting at car at midnight in Seattle?

Just get a way from the airport to the city and deal with the car from there.

We recently came home from a Seattle trip. There is a light rail from the airport to the downtown area. But you have to deal with your luggage.

We found the best solution was to hire a car...If you call STILA from the bank of phones in the luggage area, it will cost you less than a taxi, because you are not paying for traffic wait time, but a flat fee. I highly recommend it.

Level Contributor
33,012 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Renting at car at midnight in Seattle?

LightRail doesn't run that late. In your situation I'd consider renting at the airport, even if it costs a bit more and assuming they are open that late. Taking a taxi or towncar into the city (~$50) and dealing with it in the morning at a downtown agency is another option.

5. Re: Renting at car at midnight in Seattle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 27, 2014