We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, Maryland
reviews: 77
Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

Can anyone recommend a good place in downtown Seattle for a rehearsal dinner for around 30 people - moderate to upscale - somewhere they have actually been or know of - not just from a list of restaurants please - I have looked at many - trying to narrow it down to a few good ones. for next January. thx

18 replies to this topic
Seattle
reviews: 12
11. Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

I really like Cutter's. I have held several Holiday parties for my office there and they did a great job. It's more "mainstream" less boutique-ish than some of the others you are looking at. Their menu has huge variety. They can easily handle large groups. And I love the view. There's an attached parking garage which is convenient.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 89
12. Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

If you are willing to do Ballard, the new and hot Stoneburner has a rooftop special event space. The large room is really built I think for a larger party than you are having but you may want to call. The restaurant has an excellent team and I have probably eaten there 10 times since they opened at the end of June. The chef Jason Stoneburner also oversees the kitchen at Bastille across Ballard Avenue. He worked at Ethan Stowell standouts Union and How to Cook a Wolf before taking over Bastille and opening Stoneburner. Erik Carlson is one of Seattle's elite bartenders and operating partner James Lechner is among the city's top sommeliers. Front of the House manager and sommelier Dawn Smith came from Cafe Juanita and also worked at Canlis. The Stoneburner pasta chef is also a Cafe Juanita alum and their pastry chef Elizabeth Shoemaker came from Canlis.

http://stoneburnerseattle.com/

stoneburnerseattle.com/events/…

I saw Ray's Boathouse mentioned. Ray's is one of Seattle's iconic seafood restaurants and I like it a lot but I have never seen their private event space, the Northwest Room. This is not in Ray's but is next door. Also events are run by their catering team not the main kitchen to the best of my knowledge.

http://www.rays.com/catering/special-events/

On Ballard Avenue you could also call Bastille. They do special events. Based on the size of your party I think it would be on their heated and enclosed terrace or possibly in the back bar. Chef de Cuisine Cody Farrell runs the show most of the time when Jason is at Stoneburner. Manager and sommelier Kristen Young is one of Seattle's top sommeliers. The bar menu is designed by Erik Carlson and the bar staff are trained by him. I have probably eaten at Bastille more than any other restaurant in Seattle ... maybe between 50 and 100 times since they opened in summer of 2009. http://bastilleseattle.com/Large-parties

Finally on Ballard Avenue Volterra is an option. It is modern Italian restaurant with a well regarded chef Don Curtiss. Their website says that they can put up to 30 together in the dining room but they also have a private event space next door called the Drawing Room. I have been in there for a music even but not for private dining. volterraballard.com/volterra-drawing-room/

If you want to stick downtown another option would be the Metropolitan Grill. It is an upscale steakhouse (although they also do seafood and other modern Pacific NW options. They get about 4.5/5* on all major reviewing sites from Yelp, to OpenTable to Tripadvisor, Google reviews and Urbanspoon. I have been to special event rooms there. They are upscale and comfortable (and private) but not over the top ... a bit stodgy.

http://www.themetropolitangrill.com/

themetropolitangrill.com/reservations/…

Salisbury, Maryland
13. Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

wow-thank you all so much- i have a few phone calls to make after researching a few of these restaurants...i appreciate the info on Palisades being a bit too far away, i had not realised that, i tihnk i will look closer in.

Seattle
14. Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

Ponti's is also a bit out of downtown (near the Fremont Bridge). If you have questions about any of the other locations, just post, we can help.

suze

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 89
15. Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

Hot off the presses ... This covers event spaces/private dining at a number of restaurants.

seattlemet.com/eat-and-drink/nosh-pit/articl…

Salisbury, Maryland
16. Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

I will check out Metrpolitan, in the meantime, Maximilien at the market is looking very good - any comments on way or the other from anyone? Have had to eliminate some of the suggested ones for variou reasons - size, location, not enough privacy, etc, or as in the case of Dahlia, already booked for our date - so.... the 2 above I am closing in on. Thanks.

Seattle
17. Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

I've only been there a couple times, but really liked Maximillen's. It's seems an under-the-radar place for some reason (has been around 'forever'). I think it's a really unique setting, tucked back inside the Pike Place Market. And does have view of the water from some parts of the restaurant.

suze

Salisbury, Maryland
18. Re: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion

thanks

Reply to: Rehearsal Dinner suggestion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted