We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pike place market

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Pike place market

Hello folks!

I'm wondering approximately how long it takes to check out pike place market? Also, is it indoors or outdoors? I can't seem to tell on its website.

Thank you!

6 replies to this topic
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: Pike place market

Its mostly indoors with a few outdoor stalls. Time spent will depend on you and your interests. You can obviously do a quick walk thru but I'd guess one hr minimum is appropriate. The mkt goes for several levels however many people just visit the main arcade level. If you really explore the mkt you could most likely spend 1/2 a day easy.

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
2. Re: Pike place market

One hour would be minimal. Two hours is enough to walk by most things. Add time beyond that to sit down to eat. Lots of people like the market tours. Check Goldstar online for discounts.

reviews: 716
3. Re: Pike place market

I would allow at least two hours to really take your time and browse. This is an amazing market with lots of treasures and goodies. The flower bouquets here are stunning. Have fun! :)

Edited: 11:04 am, October 23, 2013
Seattle
reviews: 12
4. Re: Pike place market

Depends how thorough you want to be. It is both indoors and outdoors (somewhat depending on time of year, in summer there are booths set up out in the street, in winter not). You could get a peak at everything along the main street in 1/12 hour. Or you could spend half the day poking around in the "down under" parts and various buildings, having a meal, etc.

suze

Chicago, Illinois
5. Re: Pike place market

THank you so much for your advice :)

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
6. Re: Pike place market

As suggested I would budget 2-3 hours for the Market. You'll want to stop and sample foods from the various shops & vendors. Bring your camera as there are many photo op's. If you get tired or bored, then stop for a bite to eat or move on to your next planned activity. Some of my favorite shops are Sur la Table, Market Spice, World Spice Merchants & Left Bank Books.

Reply to: Pike place market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted