We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 2
16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

I have googled and googled but I need local ideas for my daughter's 16th birthday party next March. We live in Seattle so anything around here would be convenient but I am open to other places. My daughter is on the shy side so I don't think a dance/karaoke party would be her thing. We've done movie parties, slumber parties, and pool parties for her birthday before but since this is her sweet 16, I wanted to do something special...under $500 for a group of around 5-8 girls. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Ketchikan
Destination Expert
for Ketchikan
reviews: 41
1. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

How about a tour of the Theo Chocolate factory and a chocolate tasting party? I bet they could set up something really fun and interactive. Or a dessert party at one of the many bakery or chocolate salons in the area. Me, I would want pie and mini doughnuts at Dahlia Lounge. Wonder if they have a private dining room for groups?

Washington State
reviews: 59
2. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

SANCA will do a custom Circus party for $20 a person. Bring in your own cake, etc. Really fun and active! Can be trampoline and tight rope as well as juggling and clowning. Let them know what she wants.

3. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, October 22, 2013
4. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, October 22, 2013
western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
5. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

Emerald City Trapeze is also fun. It works best for smaller, athletic people but is a big thrill for the adventurous.

I recommend Marrakesh fun a fun dining experience. That's $25 each or so. You sit on cushions and it feels like you're in a tent. Recommended highly by young people of my acquaintance!

There's a sailing ship that sails out of downtown that might be fun.

The 5th Avenue Theater has Fridays at the Fifth once per production (so probably wouldn't match with the actual day). For $20, kids get a workshop and then see the show afterwards. It runs from 3:30 to the end of the show. I'd recommend getting them out of school early and getting some food before the workshop, as they only get a slice or two of pizza. It is fabulous for those inclined.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 209
6. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

Hmm...what about a dinner cruise on Argosy cruises?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 16
7. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

When I turned sixteen, (many, many, many years ago), my party was at a very famous and fancy tea room - ladylike and proper, we all were dressed up and loved it. While that is less the trend now, depending on the birthday girl, sometimes I still think simple, but fancy is a real treat for Sweet Sixteen and certainly special. Just do one very nice thing. For example, pick a nice restaurant, but go for lunch instead of dinner because your $ goes farther. I am thinking maybe the Georgian Room at the Fairmont. Perhaps there is a type of food or culture that she favors; ie; french and Cafe Champgne? Or, if you want to venture beyond Seattle, dine above the Falls at the Salish Lodge. There some restaurants that have private dining rooms that can make the entire event feel extra special, and are good for smaller groups.

How about the Queen Mary Tea Room? http://www.queenmarytea.com

Marrakesh is an excellent idea, feels "grown up" but still fun and casual.

Buca di Beppo is another fun option. You can reserve the "Pope" table, it's just the right size for your group.

The Pink Door is another reasonably priced option that has that grown-up feel for a birthday group.

Also on the more casual side Von Trapp's in Capitol Hill has indoor bocce ball, very popular, but you can reserve a court for a group, and 8 people can play on a court. Reasonably priced, but you do have to like brats, sausages, wurst and the like. Very fun. Very cool, and minors are allowed until 10pm. http://www.vontrapps.com

How about doing a "Sleepless in Seattle" tour/theme? You could rent an Electric Boat for $89/hr (2 hr minimum) bring along snacks/food (or pick up Dick's burgers for a retro theme) and weave in and out of the houseboats, then head back home for a viewing of Sleepless in Seattle - perfect for 16 year old romantics. Using the same theme you could "Ride the Ducks", instead, as they offer group rates.

Lucky Strike in Bellevue for bowling in a more grown-up atmosphere. Not cheap, by any means, but it's more of an experience and they can handle all the details.

What about a "beauty blow-out" then lunch or dinner at someplace reasonable to stretch your dollars? Swink is popular, not cheap ($35/blow-out), but pretty fun. They have two locations, downtown and U Village. http://swinkstylebar.com/teen/

Mane is another option.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 9:14 pm, October 23, 2013
8. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

Removed on: 9:35 am, December 09, 2013
9. Re: 16 yr. old Birthday Party in March for a Girl

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 11, 2014