We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time, Spending honeymoon in Washington

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
First Time, Spending honeymoon in Washington

Hello! My fiance and I will be in Olympia and Seattle at the end of September. Meeting some friends out there. Of course we're seeing the sites (Space Needle, museums, ferries, etc) and I was trying to find some decently priced restaurants. I looked through the reviews but wanted some natives to those areas who could possibly recommend some good eats. My fiance eats pretty much everything, I am the picky one. I would like to try some good seafood. Can anyone recommend some good places to eat at? We'll be in the area for 6 days.

3 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 15
1. Re: First Time, Spending honeymoon in Washington

Welcome to TA LisaK.

Seafood, and restaurants serving good quality seafood are abundant. Do you have your hotels? What does "decently priced" mean to you. (give us a range) I would recommend restaurants in/around the Pike Place Market as a good place to start; Etta's, Steelhead Diner, Emmett Watson's, Seatown, etc. Remember restaurants that are not just seafood will have excellent seafood on the menu; ie; Matt's in the Market.

Then those on the waterfront, Anthony's, Ivar's, Elliott's, etc, are geared to visitors, but offer good quality too. You can't go wrong. I would however, avoid the Crab Pot, now that's touristy with poor quality seafood.

And for the budget friendly options, take a look at Happy Hours. Ivar's has a good one. Elliott's too. Or head over to West Seattle and Salty's. Enjoy the gorgeous views at happy hour prices. It's a good way to try small bites without taking a big dent out of your wallet. Here's a Salty's HH menu:

saltys.com/phocadownload/seattle-cafe-menu.p…

And Ivar's HH:

ivars.com/locations/…acres-of-clams-menus

And Elliott's HH:

elliottsoysterhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2…

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 20
2. Re: First Time, Spending honeymoon in Washington

There have been a bunch of threads discussing seafood restaurants recently, if you search. Here are a couple:

tripadvisor.com/…52089043

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60878-i74-k680104…

If you're going to be around for 6 days I'm guessing you'll have a car. I'd recommend getting away from downtown to eat. My current favorite seafood place is Rock Creek in upper Fremont (also on the #5 bus line). Cool space, big menu, outdoor seating, good cocktails. http://www.rockcreekseattle.com/

Anchovies and Olives on Capitol Hill would be another good non-downtown choice, as would the Walrus and the Carpenter (which can be hard to get in to).

3. Re: First Time, Spending honeymoon in Washington

IslandGrl, I'd say decently priced is not spending more than $30 a person, if possible. Thank you for the suggestions!

Christy1, we will have a vehicle so I'll have to check those out :)

Reply to: First Time, Spending honeymoon in Washington
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted