We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passing thru for one day (2 nights) - place to stay?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 23
Passing thru for one day (2 nights) - place to stay?

Next March we are passing through Seattle on the way to Maui. We have always wanted to go to Seattle so we decided to book 2 nights so we could at least spend a day exploring a bit to see what it's like - assuming we'll come back for a longer stay some other time. My husband and I will be with our 10 year old son and we are looking for a recommendation on a place to stay.

We arrive late (around 9pm) one evening, have the day to spend in Seattle along with one other night in the hotel, and then back to the airport early the next morning.

We are looking for a convenient hotel to get to the airport and back easily late at night and early in the morning, and then somewhere we can explore the main sights (we plan to visit the Pike Place Market and Space Needle and then whatever else we have time to do - realize it won't be much).

Recommendations on best area/hotel to stay to minimize our travel time to/from the airport but also be near the sights so we can maximize our stay in Seattle. We don't need luxury but also not overly concerned with price. Would be great if the hotel had an airport shuttle but I assume we could also take a taxi or something if needed.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2 replies to this topic
Seattle
reviews: 196
1. Re: Passing thru for one day (2 nights) - place to stay?

Any hotel in the central downtown area would be a good choice. No hotel shuttles from downtown to the airport, which is about a half hour drive, but you can take Shuttle Express or a taxi. Slightly slower option is the LINK light rail, would take closer to an hour - I wouldn't do that on the night of your arrival, but it might be a good choice for returning to the airport, particularly if it's during morning rush hour. The Mayflower Park hotel is very popular and is in the same building as the downtown terminus of LINK, Westlake Center. There are a number of other hotels in that immediate area - the Westin, the Andra, Hotel Max, the Warwick, etc. Note that you can also get the Monorail from Westlake to the Seattle Center, where the Space Needle is, and Pike Place Market is a short walk from Westlake.

Renton, WA
2. Re: Passing thru for one day (2 nights) - place to stay?

www.visitseattle.org Dig down past "where to stay" to find useful maps.

Edited: 11:05 am, August 31, 2013
Reply to: Passing thru for one day (2 nights) - place to stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted