We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bellmore, New York
reviews: 66
Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

Need a centrally located hotel for our first stay in Seattle next July. I realize we will have to pay for these top hotels but we don't want to break the bank.....The least expensive for a basic king is the Paramount.......at $200 more for the 4 nights we could stay at the Inn at the Market. Only problem is that the Inn at the Market would be a "city view" room and we have read those could be noisy. The harbor view rooms are way to $$$.........still, for an additional $350 over the Paramount we would only get a basic queen at the Andra.

Any suggestions about these choices; locations? Any others we might consider?

Thanks

Karen

Edited: 6:06 pm, August 28, 2013
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
1. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

Hotels are a bit like airlines - with dynamic pricing you're not too likely to see their best prices that far in advance. I'd hold off until sometime this winter to make your booking.

However in the meantime look at the "where to stay" Top Question (at the top right of this page) and at the Mayflower Park, Westin, Sheraton, Monaco, Alexis, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt/8th, Red Lion, Crowne Plaza, Marriott Waterfront, and Edgewater. Many of these are likely to be more than the three you named, but they may not be, and any would be good choices.

Edited: 7:15 pm, August 28, 2013
Seattle
reviews: 257
2. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

If you book something this early, be sure it is cancellable if you find a better deal in a few months. Of the three you mention, I would pick the Inn at the Market because it's one of my favorite Seattle hotels - a real treat to walk out the door in the morning and be right in the Market. I'm not sure their city view rooms would be any noisier than other downtown hotels, although I suppose you're closer to street level in a small boutique property like this. I have not stayed at the other two, but I think the Andra is a better location than the Paramount.

Bellmore, New York
reviews: 66
3. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

Thanks.....Yes, everything can be cancelled. The only reason we booked this far out was because we read The Inn is very popular and difficult to get. Still, we did not want to spend $400+ for a water view room. We'll check back at all these properties in a few months to see what the rates are. The location next to the Market and across from the Clipper is more important than the possibility of a little noise from trucks in the morning.

The Paramount gets very good reviews. Why is the Paramount location not so great?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
4. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

I think the Paramount Hotel location is fine. They are about to break ground on 2 tall buildings in the parking lot across the street. I anticipate that construction will be in full swing by next summer. At this point it's hard to say if noise/dust/etc. would be bothersome by then. Dragonfish is a good restaurant located right in the hotel building.

I think most hotels in the downtown core (retail, financial district, belltown, pioneer square) are convenient to restaurants & tourist activities. I would be much more inclined to pick one based on price and amenities (i.e. hotel loyalty programs). I don't think you can go wrong with any of your original 3 choices.

Shreveport...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

Didnt know about the construction but I stayed at The Paramount last summer and it was fabulous. Rooms are a good size with comfortable bedding; separate toilet/shower combo; friendly staff and steps to the Monorail and Westlake Center. Good luck and have a great time. Im staying at the Red Lion this year. Love visiting in September when its cooler and in the 70s.....coming from Louisiana its a real treat!!

Seattle
reviews: 12
6. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

I just think the Paramount is a little bit less convenience, a tad 'out of the way' compared to the other locations (you'd be walking a few blocks further say to go to Pike Place Market or the waterfront).

Hotel Andra is a good choice. As is the Mayflower Park Hotel. Inn at the Market is wonderful but I understand concerns about a city view room. The Warwick is another I like, doesn't look like much from the outside, but on the upper floors the rooms have stunning views (either north to Space Needle, or south over downtown).

suze

Albuquerque, New...
reviews: 68
7. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

We spent one night at The Inn at the Market. We had a street view. The room was nice but we did hear noise. Our biggest dislike was that they had tempurpedic mattress [not sure if that is still the case] and we hated sleeping on it.

We have stayed at The Alexis twice[ each stay for several nights]; the most recent 3 weeks ago. It is a great hotel, with top notch service including wine hour every afternoon from 5-6 and coffee service in the morning. Join Inner Circle and get some nice perks. We are big fans of Kimpton hotels and the Alexis lives up to their reputation.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 5
8. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Market and LOVED it. The rooftop patio is fantastic and we were up there every day. We even saw whales in the harbor one morning - from a great distance, but we could still see them! You can enjoy wonderful water views from the rooftop patio, so a city view room will be totally fine. I didn't find the city view room to be noisy at all. I haven't stayed at any other Seattle hotels, but I would highly recommend the Inn at the Market based on my stay there. The staff were very helpful and welcoming too. The only thing I would say is that after the market closes the area directly around the hotel has a bit of a deserted feel to it compared to the hustle and bustle going on during the day.

9. Re: Inn at the Market, Paramount, Andra or ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 16, 2014