We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thoughts on my hotel location?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Thoughts on my hotel location?

Hi,

I am going to be spending 2 days in Seattle with my mother who is in her late 60's in the first week of October. We don't need anything fancy, just something that is centrally located.

I want to make sure my mom has to walk as little as possible although I am sure she has to do at least some walking and that's fine. I know it is technically considered "downtown", but coming from NYC, I know that a hotel listed in neighborhood "X" could mean anything.

Just wanted to run this past you and get your thoughts. Is there close public transportation to Pike Place and other major attractions?

Quality Inn & Suites Seattle Center

Address: 618 John Street, South Lake Union

Seattle (Washington), WA 98109

Seattle
reviews: 12
1. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

That is not "downtown", it's "South Lake Union" which is further north. Does the hotel offer a shuttle?

suze

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 6
2. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

It is a very poor choice, given your stated wishes.

Bellingham...
reviews: 310
3. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

It IS downtown, just the northern part of downtown and has the bus stop right outside the door

but yes you can stay more central and pay a LOT more as well

Seattle
reviews: 257
4. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

I would not recommend that hotel to anyone. Read the reviews on here, and note that the pool was so filthy that a man drowned in it last month, and his body couldn't be found for hours because the water was so murky. And it isn't all that cheap.

The location is not in the downtown core, it is near the Seattle Center and South Lake Union neighborhood. And it is on Aurora, a busy arterial, not very pleasant. It is an easy walk to Seattle Center, but to get to any other attractions will require a bus ride, taxi, or taking the monorail downtown to Westlake and then walking, e.g. to the Market.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

Thanks everyone, I was told that it's close to Seattle Center and the monorail and they also provide a shuttle. Given that, does it make it a good location?

Dallas, Oregon
reviews: 300
6. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

The Mayflower Park downtown is on Fourth Avenue at Olive Way, right in the heart of great shopping and dining choices. The monorail is literally steps away (indoor walkway to get to it and Westlake Center shops from the hotel), and it will get you to Seattle Center, the Space Needle, Experience Music Museum, Chihuly, etc. in just a couple minutes. Best location in Seattle and rooms generally are less than $200 -- check their website for special deals.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 6
7. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

Youngchea, the fact that a neighborhood called "Seattle Central" is NOT downtown causes great confusion. If you plan to spend time downtown, and you do not want your mother to have to walk, do not stay outside downtown. The hotel you chose is a dump. I am not going to apologize for my language. I always stay in the Aurora area at the terrific Holiday Inn Express, but I am a strong walker. Please take the advice you have received here and stay downtown. The Mayflower Park would be a wonderful choice for your mother.

Renton, WA
8. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

visitseattle.org/getattachment/Essentials/Se…

Seattle
reviews: 257
9. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

To further clarify, "Seattle Center" is not downtown, nor is it the center of Seattle. It is the name of the former World's Fair grounds, where the Space Needle is located. If you want your mom to enjoy the city with a minimum of walking, stay downtown.

Bellingham...
reviews: 310
10. Re: Thoughts on my hotel location?

According to almost everyone I have ever spoken to in my entire life and the seattle visitors bureau the space needle and the seattle center is the northern part of downtown and safeco is the southern boundary

…washington.edu/epidem/…SeattleDowntown.pdf

visitseattle.org/Meetings-And-Conventions/Planning-Toolkit/maps-(1)/VisitSeattle_DT_Map_0613.pdf