We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Menlo Park
Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

The Amtrak train is booked solid on the days I need to travel and I'm not really interested in a bus ride. I think you can take a seaplane from Seattle to Victoria and then take a ferry from there to Vancouver. Anyone done this before or have any suggestions?

18 replies to this topic
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
1. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

you can do this pretty easily on

kenmoreair.com

they leave from Lk Union near downtown Seattle but also have a shuttle from seatac. It lands right in the inner harbor near the Empress Hotel. The bus that takes you to the ferry is right behind the Empress. it drives onto the ferry then brings you into Vancouver. This would be a nice trip especially if you plan to spend a day or so in Victoria. I find it hard to believe the train is sold out. Is it for this week?

Menlo Park
2. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

Thanks for the quick response. Turns out it isn't booked, it's cancelled. Only the evening train is available. I'm still wanting to do the seaplane.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
3. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

You can also just walk from Kenmore's slips in Victoria's seaplane base to the Harbour Air dock, then fly to Canada Place in Vancouver right from there.

http://www.harbour-air.com/index.php

Renton, WA
4. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

If operating on/off water is your goal, you have your answers. If you just want to fly in a small plane from Seattle to Vancouver there are several operators on Boeing Field that offer this service. BTDT (from the pilot's side).

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 20
5. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

Or just fly from Seatac to Vancouver. Unless it's the journey that you are looking forward to, flying to Victoria, then taking a bus to the ferry in Sidney, then ferrying to the Vancouver area, then taking the bus into Vancouver, is pretty much the longest and most complicated way you could possibly go.It's probably the most expensive way as well. In fact you could rent a car and even with the one-way drop off fee, I bet that would be cheaper than your proposed way.

Edited: 12:04 pm, November 21, 2012
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
6. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

or get to vancouver and seaplane to Victoira.

harbor air is the company

Menlo Park
7. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

Thank you all for your help. Based on your feedback we booked a ferry to Victoria and a seaplane to Vancouver. Any idea where the ferry landing in Victoria is in relation to the Harbour Air terminal?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
8. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

It's the same place near the Empress Hotel

seattle
9. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

Hi - Several pilots that will fly from seattle to Vancouver? - need to go on sunday and return monday - Daughter and husbands wedding present.

Can you reccommend Pilots or Flight Service out of Renton field?

Greatly Appreciated!

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
reviews: 16
10. Re: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane

cathy c,

Welcome to TA. I am not sure I understand your question. This is an old post and may no be relevant. It's best to start your own post, with details specific to your situation.

I do not know of any commercial flights out of Renton. To fly from Seattle to Vancouver, it's out of SEATAC.

Reply to: Seattle to Vancouver via seaplane
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted