We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need cheapest and fastest transportation to the ferry

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fernley, Nevada...
Need cheapest and fastest transportation to the ferry

I'm flying up to visit my sister in Bremerton, and I didn't want her to hassle with driving around to pick me up, so I'm going to walk across on the ferry. Besides, I love the view on that ride. Anyway, what is the quickest and cheapest way to the Ferry dock? I know a taxi will cost me about $50 (if not more). I will only have a backpack and another carry-on. No big checked luggage. Thanks!

Seattle, Wa
reviews: 20
1. Re: Need cheapest and fastest transportation to the ferry

The quickest and cheapest are different. The quickest is a cab. The cheapest is using the Link Light Rail from the airport to the Pioneer Square station; get off and walk west toward the water. The ferry terminal is a few blocks north. The rail ride will be about ~37 minutes, then it's about a 10 minute walk.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 81
2. Re: Need cheapest and fastest transportation to the ferry

you can arrange a flat rate taxi from

flatrateforhire.com

they have been quoting $25 from seatac to downtown but you must arrange in advance.

Agree that quickest and cheapest don't really go hand in hand. Train and walk is definitely the cheapest.

Fernley, Nevada...
3. Re: Need cheapest and fastest transportation to the ferry

Thanks so much to both of you! I will be using the flat rate taxi for my trip back.

Seattle
reviews: 12
4. Re: Need cheapest and fastest transportation to the ferry

As above, fastest is a taxi. It will be right around $50 from SeaTac.

Cheapest is the LightRail, if you get off at the Pioneer Square station it's a pretty short walk down to the ferry.

suze

5. Re: Need cheapest and fastest transportation to the ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, December 16, 2013