We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 37
Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

I'd appreciate your opinions please. I live out in Langley/Aldergrove (264th), so my 2 options are to drive to 176th (Campbell River Store, free parking?) and take the QuickShuttle to Seattle OR I drive down to Bellingham and catch the Amtrak. Either way it looks like an 8 to 14 dollar cab ride from Amtrak station or Executive Inn drop off to my hotel and return 0r will QuickShuttle drop me off at the Westin?)

Convenience being number 1 and cost #2 - what would you do?

Renton, WA
1. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

One more option: www.boltbus.com.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 83
2. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

boltbus also stops really close to Amtrak. Just walk to the bus tunnel and get off at Westlake Station and your within one block of the Westin. The bus in the tunnel is free in the downtown zone. I'd vote for Amtrak or Boltbus.com

Quickshuttle is fine but as mentioned it stops near the space needle vs downtown and won't drop off at hotels in downtown.

Vancouver, Canada
3. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

I've never heard of the Bolt Bus. Looks great. Does it stop for pick ups anywhere other than downtown Vancouver?

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

Update:

Took the Quickshuttle from the Country Store, 176th to Holiday Inn (?) downtown, Seattle. I would NOT do this again unless I was extremely broke. This is not a good way to travel at all. I prefer not to be treated like cattle. Crossing the border was a complete joke - both ways. Prepare for about 5 hours each way.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 38
5. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

Thanks for taking the time to update. Shame that you had such a negative experience. While the Amtrak is a bit more expensive, most people have only good things to say about the experience.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
6. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

if you take the bus again can I suggest Cantrail which operates the coach for Amtrak. it stops at the Hotel in White Rock (Surrey Inn?) then stops at the border and makes NO stops till downtown Seattle. I never liked Quickshuttle as it does make a lot of stops and takes forever.

Vancouver, Canada
7. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

When I want to take Amtrak I expect to take the train all the way, both ways, without a bus connection posing as Amtrak. I will do so and pay for it, but don't send me on a bus, each way, for part of my trip. Unfortunately that is not what you're getting 50 percent of the time from Vancouver. WTH is an Amtrak Bus? You have to squint, on the reservation system, to realize your Amtrak "train" route is partially bus. I call that Bait and Switch. That's not even half way acceptable. I can only hope this hybrid option is faster than Quick Shuttle - which has to be the worst option - ever. DO NOT Take a BUS (Quick Shuttle or AMTRAK across the border).

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
8. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

Bolt bus is pretty good and really cheap

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
9. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

you asked this question in June and you asked about taking the bus from Aldergrove not downtown Vancouvuer. You got your options. Amtrak runs buses and a train. They don't do any 'hybrid' train bus routes.

The border is a function of the border and crossing it by bus. Amtrak bus and Bolt bus are good options to Quick shuttle but you still have to get off and go trhru customs. I do this multiple times a yr. Sometimes its easy and sometimes you sit there for 2-3 hrs. Only way to avoid that is to take the train from Vancouver.

Renton, WA
10. Re: Langley/Aldergrove (Vancouver) to (Westin) Seattle DT

When slides close the tracks, as is the case today, you're going to ride on a bus no matter what the schedule says. Live with it.