We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Had a terrible experience with Priceline! Wondering about...

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 7
Had a terrible experience with Priceline! Wondering about...

I normally bid about $67.00 for a 3 star hotel with Priceline, usually I would get the Renaissance. This most recent time I got the Crowne Plaza.

(Had some horrible customer service with them [Priceline, not either of those hotels] over the phone and I refuse to do business with them EVER agin, extremely rude behavior from a supervisor.)

I am willing to go up to $100 dollars for a 4 star which has gotten me a room at the Sheraton before. I would really like to stay at the Westin.

Just wondering if any of these hotels come up when you bid through Hotwire: Renaissance Madison, Silver Cloud Lake Union or Broadway, the Warwick, the Residence Inn or the Westin.

If so can someone suggest a proper bid?

It's my birthday and I would really like to get someplace with a pool in Seattle.

Thank you so much!

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
reviews: 84
1. Re: Had a terrible experience with Priceline! Wondering about...

biddingfortravel.com lists hotels that generally come up. I've had great success with Priceline, but haven't used Hotwire.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 39
2. Re: Had a terrible experience with Priceline! Wondering about...

Just booked with Hotwire tonight. Weekend stay for 2 adults in the Pike Place area. We got the Crowne Plaza for $92/night. It had great customer reviews from Hotwire and afer looking it up on Trip Advisor, found the same satisfaction levels. You accru Hotdollars when booking with Hotwire, so after using my Hotdollars, the hotel was only $70/night. I always book hotel and car rental from Hotwire. It's a great experience.

Kailua, Hawai'i
reviews: 14
3. Re: Had a terrible experience with Priceline! Wondering about...

I am not too sure about Priceline, but I have tried Hotwire and had a good experience. Another one of those travel web sites that I would NOT recommend at all would be Hotels.com.

I had the worst experience ever thru them, to sum it up, the hotel bumped us to another hotel and it was horrible!!! Hope this helps a little.

Olympia, WA
4. Re: Had a terrible experience with Priceline! Wondering about...

You should check out Seattle SuperSaver. This is a site run by the Seattle Convention and Visitors Bureau. In years past we have found good, centrally located hotels for about $80.00 per night. Check them out at

seattlesupersaver.com/SCVBBooking/index.aspx

Good Luck

San Rafael, CA
reviews: 8
5. Re: Had a terrible experience with Priceline! Wondering about...

I just put in a bid for a 4 star in downtown Seattle at $140 a nihgt on Priceline and won (not sure if I won or lost actually) a stay at the Westin. Normally the rooms are $169 a nihgt so I'm saving s-o-m-e money but not a lot. After reading some of the Westin reviews, I just hope we don't get the crappy room next to the exhaust fans or something.

We're going there mid December for MY birthday!

Good luck.... and happy birthday.