We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mariott Waterfront vs Hotel 1000?

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
Mariott Waterfront vs Hotel 1000?

I'm taking a 16+ hour flight from Paris to Seattle in late June. I need a hotel for a couple of nights when I arrive. I'm trying to decide between the Hotel 1000 and Marriott Waterfront (I can't afford the Grand Hyatt right now). I often stay at Marriotts and like them but I'll need some pampering after the flight. Hotel 1000 looked good for this. Anyone have any thoughts about what hotel might be better?

Thanks!

M.

Seattle
reviews: 1
1. Re: Mariott Waterfront vs Hotel 1000?

I would go for the Hotel 1000--it has a better location for seeing things other than the waterfront. And it's got a spa so that's a plus ;-). It's newer and more elegant so if the rates are roughly the same, I'd choose it.

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Mariott Waterfront vs Hotel 1000?

I'm leaning towards the Hotel 1000, especially because of the spa. But the non-suite rooms strike me as a bit small. While I don't need a lot of space, I'll have two bags and don't want to cram everything into corners. I'm curious if anyone else has seen a room at Hotel 1000 and can comment?

Thanks.

M.

Seattle
reviews: 14
3. Re: Mariott Waterfront vs Hotel 1000?

Hotel 1000 has a better (more central) location. Marriott Waterfront is kind of out-of-the-way down on the waterfront, other side of the train tracks.

Seattle
reviews: 1
4. Re: Mariott Waterfront vs Hotel 1000?

I have seen the rooms and they did not strike me as small by any means. According to the Hotel 1000 website, they are 390 square feet which is actually on the large side for a hotel room (as opposed to a suite), at least here in Seattle.

5. Re: Mariott Waterfront vs Hotel 1000?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, August 22, 2009