We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday/Saturday Evening Shopping/Activities

Which Seattle hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kelowna
Friday/Saturday Evening Shopping/Activities

Staying a Friday/Saturday nights in April and wondering what activities would be suitable for 3 adult women and two 12 yr olds. Staying by the Space Needle and shopping is one thing we want to do. Any suggestions of malls, good restaurants, things to do would be great.

canada
reviews: 4
1. Re: Friday/Saturday Evening Shopping/Activities

Hey Janitor - I am from Vancouver B.C. - I am going to Seattle with my 3 daughters aged 17-24 in May ,I haven't been to Seattle in a few years but my oldest daughter who goes to Seattle frequently says that there is alot to see there - Pike Street market is suppose to be pretty entertaining ,don't know if you are interested at all in baseball but we are going to catch the Mariners playing the Yankee's while we are there .Of course there is also the space needle which would be fun for your kids ,our main reason for going though is the shopping ! Can't wait ! Hope this was some help to you , enjoy your trip ! Deb...

Seattle
reviews: 14
2. Re: Friday/Saturday Evening Shopping/Activities

Staying by the Space Needle... you will have the choice of all kinds of neighborhood restaurants on lower Queen Anne Hill. Also there is a food court in one of the buildings at Seattle Center that would be fun for lunch when you visit the Space Needle.

Pike Place MARKET would be good to visit on Saturday morning or afternoon. There are loads of choices for easy food there too. You'll find stands, restaurants, shops, with things like making cheese, fancy hot dogs, dim sum pastries, grilled fish sandwiches, french bakery, etc. etc. DeLaurentis Italian market and deli at the south end has pizza by the slice to go. This is the area under the famous big clock & by the pig statue, next to the booth where they throw the fish around (have you heard of this?- it's a Seattle tourist favorite).

As far as large shopping MALLS, you would need transportation to get outside the downtown area. The malls are either south, east, or north of the City. There's plenty of great shopping downtown but independent stores, or a few places like Pacific Place that is a collection of stores.

Taking a FERRY ride is always a good choice. You can get on down on the waterfront and ride over to Bainbridge, turn around come back. It's not that long of a ride (1/2 hour each way, maybe?)but the ferries are a real treat, I'd think, especially if the boys have never been on one. Boats are huge so you can explore around on both decks, inside and outside, have a snack, etc. While adults lounge around indoors, have a cup of coffee, and enjoy the view!

3. Re: Friday/Saturday Evening Shopping/Activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 23, 2009