We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

house or apartment rental

Which San Ramon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 6
house or apartment rental

We are planning to live in San Ramon for several months. What are some ways that I could find info on available rentals?

7 replies to this topic
Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
1. Re: house or apartment rental

I would suggest booking into a hotel and finding somewhere suitable when you arrive. I think you will find a better deal that way and you will be able to see the area where you're living.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
2. Re: house or apartment rental

Totally agree with Sara.

Book a hotel or B&B for a few days and you will have a chance to look around and ask around. Not only will you find the best deals that way, but you can be assured of what the place actually looks like and the neighborhood. "Word of mouth" is mostly how it's done here. Anything you find by internet will be more expensive.

Bx
reviews: 18
3. Re: house or apartment rental

Craigs List.

Costa Rica
4. Re: house or apartment rental

You will find houses, apartments and condos for rent on Craigslist - as well as various online newspapers or realtors. The problem with this is:

1. They will be more expensive than if you just pick an area and ask around

2. You really never know what you are getting. If you rent something over the internet, you really don't know what it's like or what the neighborhood is like -- unless, of course, you are very familiar with the area.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
5. Re: house or apartment rental

encuentra24.com/costa-rica-es/bienes-raices-…

You could take a look at a sight like this to get an idea of availability and price ranges.

Costa Rica
6. Re: house or apartment rental

All in the upper ranges........

For anything economical, "boots on the ground" is the only way. You could also look at rentals in La Nacion newspaper but you won't find anything different.

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 103
7. Re: house or apartment rental

I agree with Hattie, you're going to get better "local" pricing once you're actually here. Stay at a place with great customer service and I'm sure they'll help you find a place! There is no substitution for being here and staying at a place for months vs. just a couple of nights is a BIG difference. Enjoy...San Ramon is a neat place! ;-)

Reply to: house or apartment rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted