We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Major Marine tour question

Which Seward hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 39
Major Marine tour question

I booked the 7 1/2 hr tour because I was told there would be a 2 for 1 deal in one of the coupon books (Northern Lights or Alaska Toursaver) well the 7 1/2 hour is not listed now so does anyone know if there is a coupon for this tour anywhere else? Or a better tour?

9 replies to this topic
Wasilla, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 77
1. Re: Major Marine tour question

The two books you mentioned are the only coupon books I'm aware of...

Ohio
reviews: 3
2. Re: Major Marine tour question

I just checked the websites and you are right. I don't see the discount on the longer cruise and I really think you want to go on the longer cruise. I did see a coupon for a discount on the Kenai Fjords cruise. Don't know about that cruise but that may work for you--its not a 2 for 1.

I also see they are not offering the discount on the Major Marine cruise out of Whittier to Surprise Glacier.

auckland, new...
3. Re: Major Marine tour question

Have booked a 9 hrs Northwestern Fjord cruise in June using Northern Light Coupon book which is $100.00 cheaper for 2 people. Hope this information can help

Hawley, Pennsylvania
reviews: 24
4. Re: Major Marine tour question

Sometimes they will let you upgrade to a longer cruise when using the coupon. I was able to do this last year. Just call and ask the reservation clerk.

Edited: 7:18 pm, January 01, 2014
boston
reviews: 13
5. Re: Major Marine tour question

I just came across this 20% discount for the Major Marine tour.

https:/…

london
6. Re: Major Marine tour question

for the major marine 5hr nature tour-they seem to have a free deal on now for kids,..

this seems great as would be around 220$ all in(2adults 3kids 5,9,12yrs),but wondering if this gives us no chance of seeing whales as it doesnt go out of the bay?are we better paying a bit more and doing the 6hr tour?this works out around 470$ for 2 adults and 3 kids..

thanks

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
reviews: 44
7. Re: Major Marine tour question

The longer the better unless your sick. Though whales do come into the bay on occasion, you have much better chance on the longer.

london
8. Re: Major Marine tour question

thanks-i think we will go with the 6hr major marine one even though is a lot more.

one more question-is it worth buying the food option for family or will this get in the way of watching wildlife?

thanks

MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 24
9. Re: Major Marine tour question

I heard that Major Marine serves the meal while at the glacier. For me that would be a huge drawback since you could easily miss the calving. But I have only taken Kenai Fjords company, not Major Marine. Their wrap and snack are included in the price.

I used Major Marine twice in Whittier and both times they served the buffet early on the tour. In that case it was good since there was pretty much only scenery. Even then, we just brought our own food.

For me, the food is way down the priority list for me. I always just bring my own food and eat when I want. Then I can get up quickly and move around at will and not worry if the food will get cold, if the buffet will close, etc, etc.

Reply to: Major Marine tour question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted