We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Cabin on a Cliff

Which Seward hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ninilchik, Alaska
reviews: 1
A Cabin on a Cliff

Alright, I'm writing this just because when I was looking for the perfect place for a little overnight get away with my boyfriend, "A Cabin on a Cliff" sounded just right. Then I came to this site and saw the post made some time ago by a very negative woman that has never even been there, so I'm here to share MY real experience.

It was perfect. Despite not being as secluded as the pictures on the site may lead you to believe (there are houses on either side), the cabin really is totally private. We had no problems with the neighbors, no noise, no peeping in on the hot tub, nothing.

We got "The Romance Package" too, which cost an additional $50.00, but it was worth it. The later check out time alone made it worth it, as we only rented the cabin for the one night, and having some additional hot tub time the following morning was nice!

My only complaint and WARNING is that the hot water is limited! So be wary. Yes, the shower head IS a foot wide, but that uses up a whole lot of water, so make sure you're going to A Cabin on a Cliff with someone you want to shower with! Though I'm quite sure that is the idea! I don't think he and I would have been able to have separate showers back to back, as the hot water lasted for MAYBE ten minutes tops.

I took some photos, but it doesn't look like you can post photos along with your posts on here, so I'm just going to leave the option open that if you'd like to see the pictures (some of the inside of the cabin, some of the view the cabin has, and some of the cabin itself from downtown Seward), you can just reply to this and leave your e-mail address.

MN
Destination Expert
for Alaska
reviews: 24
1. Re: A Cabin on a Cliff

Welcome to TA. You are best off writing this as a review since it will soon get lost in the forum.

Secondly, you recognized what I have noticed for years - many hotel reviews are overly subjective. Many are bogus. Personally I rarely rely on the reviews. As another regular Alaska forum poster says, his BS'ometer goes in high alert when he reads TA reviews, and rightfully so.

Ninilchik, Alaska
reviews: 1
2. Re: A Cabin on a Cliff

Thanks for the welcome! This is my first, and likely my only post, ha. I just left a much shorter version of this as a review. I didn't realize there was a difference between this and leaving a review. Either way, I just wanted to let people know a little about my experience, as I wished I had had a little more to go on when I was looking into booking this place. The only "review" I found online was a post in the forums here from a woman that had never even been to the cabin, and it was...less helpful than no review at all!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
3. Re: A Cabin on a Cliff

Well Leslie - we would love someone from Ninilchik posting on the forum! People ask about the Kenai and Ninilchik from time to time . . .so do think about that. :)

USA
Destination Expert
for Alaska, Denali National Park and Preserve, Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 44
4. Re: A Cabin on a Cliff

Thanks for your romantic getaway trip report. Now if anyone asks about the cabin on the cliff we can reference this. And do come back!

5. Re: A Cabin on a Cliff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, April 12, 2013